1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hello from Tel Aviv - Switching from Media buying to owning websites

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dogen, Dec 20, 2021.

Hey guys,
    Thought I'd drop a wassup here.
    Been doing media buying as an affiliate for the past 10 years or so.
    Did everything from Adwords, FB, Pops, Adult traffic and in recent years mostly Native ads.
    Ran dating, mobile apps, health, refinance and ecom.
    it was a good time, ROI was great, stability was shit. Been a while since I've been thinking into switching sites from buying traffic to becoming a website owner a publisher selling and monetising my own traffic.
    So, 2022 is coming and I've decided it's time to take the plunge. Gonna start with a $600,000 buy of 1-2 sites.
    My plan is finding some gem with great organic ranking and healthy backlinks portfolio, mostly currently monetising with ads and maybe a bit of affiliate links and helping the sites grow with awesome content and SEO.

Gotta say I'm quite nervous as unlike media buys with self serve where I can cut/increase at any minute, this is going to buy a large risk and buy in. But heck, all new things are scary right.
    My plan by end of 2022 is to ramp my stake to $2m in extra sites buy.

Anyway, pleasure to be here, looking forward for a great 2022.

Wishing you all a merry xmas and happy new year!

Dogen, Dec 20, 2021 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Hi! That's big money you're investing. I'll be very interested in following your progress.

sarahk, Dec 20, 2021 IP
  3. Thomas Chang

Thomas Chang Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wish you good luck, Dogen !!
    One of my friend has similar plan to buy a niche website. He's targeting block chain specifically. I'm looking for potential sites for him, and will likely do SEO for the chosen site.

Thomas Chang, Jan 5, 2022 IP