1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hello from Japan

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by GjB, Nov 8, 2016.

Hi Everyone.
    A quick hello from me. I'm Grant and I'm a hobbyist web guy. I'm 48, from the UK and living in Japan at the moment.
    I usually hang out in just one other UK based web design forum, but it's not as busy as I'd like it to be sometimes, so I searched for more web design forums and found Digital Point mentioned on this page, just now. http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/17-forums-web-designers-shouldnt-missed/

I'm hoping to get ideas and constructive criticism about my site https://www.computers-for-everyone.com, for which many parts are in the early stages. I've just started learning PHP, too - mostly via YouTube.

I'm pretty easy-going, and would like to help or at least offer opinions, and hope to benefit from people's advice and constructive criticism, in return.

Cheers and all the best.

GjB, Nov 8, 2016 IP
  2. GjB

GjB Member

Best Answers:
    lol. Zero replies and 298 views. That's why I joined and that's why I aim to improve..

GjB, Nov 20, 2016 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Hi there,

Just the other day I was watching a Japan travels program on PBS and thought how cool it would be to travel there some day. How did you end up being in Japan? Are you married to a Japanese?

This forum is not as busy as it used to be, but it's still one of the busiest out there. Forums are a dying breed, you know.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    qwikad.com, Nov 22, 2016 IP
  4. GjB

GjB Member

Best Answers:
    Hi qwikad.com,

I came here (from the UK) 12 years ago expecting to stay with my Japanese girlfriend and her daughter for about 6 weeks. We met in the US. We decided to be a team, and we've been living together in Japan since. We did get married, yes. We are now divorced, but she's still my girlfriend. Japan is a nice place to live. I expect I'll move back to the UK eventually though, if I'm needed.
    Thanks for your kind reply.

GjB, Nov 22, 2016 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  5. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome aboard Grant! Feel free to start a new thread concerning on PHP. Cheers!

KylieSweet, Nov 22, 2016 IP
  6. GjB

GjB Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Kylie,
    Why do you mention PHP? I do have a few PHP questions actually. (I've only recently started learning PHP.) Cheers. I'll post in that section soon.

GjB, Nov 22, 2016 IP
  7. Cleo Frazier

Cleo Frazier Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome OP!digitalpoint

Cleo Frazier, Nov 23, 2016 IP
  8. GjB

GjB Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot.

GjB, Nov 24, 2016 IP