1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hello all, Bluepencil dropping in

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bluepencil, May 13, 2017.

Greetings, Digital Point Forums! :) G'day from the Philippines!

I am bluepencil, Carlo Marco IRL, I write stuff and draw sometimes. I've been an online freelancer since 2010, and a web serial author since 2014.

First thing I noticed about Digital Point is that uses the XenForo forum software now?! Impressive, really impressive! I came here from one of the other first sites to use XenForo, I didn't realize the software could be modified for e-commerce activities to such an extent.

While I haven't ever spoken to Kier, I do know a little of Kier's work and the amusing shenanigans trying to adapt a certain site (coughSBcough) to XenForo, which vastly improved its functionality. Unfortunately the server was still a goddamn Pentium IV.

That has long been fixed now, migrating to a newer faster server, but my first experience with XenForo will always have that funny nostalgia of twenty-page thread limits and thirty thousand users piling up on each other to post their stories and arguments. :)

Well certainly none of that silliness here, but I hope to also develop fond memories of this community; if one not born of shared persistence through inconvenience. So hello again, hi there, wassup wassup! How are you? Let's be friends!

bluepencil, May 13, 2017 IP