1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Heavy Traffic from Language "C"

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by milindmk, Sep 17, 2016.

I have recently started a blog and Analytic shows 80% of traffic is coming from "Language C". I have Googled and found that it's a traffic from bots from analytic using "Exclude all hits from known bots and spiders" setting.

Please check the below screenshot
    [​IMG]

Now I have few queries about it:-
    1) How can I disable the bots traffic (I have tried htaccess but it didn't helped).
    2) What impact it will have on my blog?

Please help, Thanks.

milindmk, Sep 17, 2016 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    My first question is, "Don't you want your pages indexed?" If you do want them indexed, you cannot exclude the indexing bots.

If you want to exclude all bots, you can make your pages password protected. Another thing you can do to (POSSIBLY) limit some of the bot traffic is to make a robots.txt file or use the robots meta tag.

mmerlinn, Sep 17, 2016 IP
  3. milindmk

milindmk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply Mmerlinn.

Yes, I want my pages to be indexed but the traffic is regular and coming daily towards the Home Page only. I am worried about authenticity of the bots. Also I don't want any negative impact on my blog.

Please assist.

milindmk, Sep 18, 2016 IP
  4. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    In that case find out which bots you don't want and exclude them with a robots.txt file or meta tag. Be aware that there is NO guarantee that the robots will respect your wishes, though many will.

I use the meta tag to exclude bots from many of my pages. For the pages I don't want any bots on I password protect them or use a captcha-like barrier. For those pages that I cannot keep bots away from, I randomly encode the content I don't want the bots to access while still allowing real people to access that content.

mmerlinn, Sep 19, 2016 IP
  5. milindmk

milindmk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Again mmerlinn,

Thanks for your reply and I apologize for the delay in reply.

Also I apologize for a stupid question but how I can find from which bots the traffic is coming? how can I find the Bots which are responsible for this?

Please assist.

milindmk, Sep 23, 2016 IP
  6. mmerlinn

Best Answers: