1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HDFC Banks VCC's & YSM!!

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by netdeals, May 14, 2007.

well i created a VCC from my bank account website.. These cards are called Netsafe Virtual credit cards.. Most of Indians here know what they actually are..

Now the thing is when i create a VCC and try to use it in Yahoo search marketing.. I get the error.

Your credit card was declined. Please contact your credit card company for details.

It is initially accepted by yahoo but the error come when i try to add funds..

What could be the problem... I created card using Indian RS. and funding YSM account with USD.. Is it the problem..??

netdeals, May 14, 2007 IP
  2. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo, Google Adwords does not accept VCC.

it career, May 14, 2007 IP
  3. netdeals

netdeals Guest

Best Answers:
    man i bought a vcc from Digitalpoint a month ago and thats what i used to fund and activate my account until now... my funds have depleted now... So i thought to create my own....

netdeals, May 14, 2007 IP
  4. BIGC

BIGC Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I Been Using Those HDFC Bank Netsafe cards from past 5 Months.

Google adwords and YSM Charge ( Very Small Amounts and refund them ) the cards immediately to test them if they work. So while testing they are being used. So the one time use is done and when u try to add funds you will be using the same card second time. So According to Netsafe Terms a Netsafe Card can only be used once and thats the reason you are not able to add funds.

I would suggest you to apply for a Normal Credit Card if you dont have one. Most of the Young webmasters are not provided with such bcos of the IT returns document, so better go for Easy Deposit Credit Card provided by ICICI Bank by which you can make a deposit of any amount and can get a credit card of 90% Credit Limit of deposited amount.

BIGC, May 15, 2007 IP
  5. netdeals

netdeals Guest

Best Answers:
    nice eh!!!.... Very helpfull Bigc.. :D Okay if i open a account with ICICI will they need any PAN number or return statements to issue me that credit card..

I dont pay any tax hence i dont have any tax id..

How can i show them that i am self employed!.

Ah got it

They will issue this card against a FD. more info about this here.

http://www.blonnet.com/iw/2004/09/12/stories/2004091200241400.htm

netdeals, May 15, 2007 IP
  6. BIGC

BIGC Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup

You wont need any tax ID or IT Returns for that

You just need to sign Form 16 if you dont have a Pan Card.

BIGC, May 15, 2007 IP
  7. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    ya, icici gives a credit card with out the pan no, i have asked them and they said that they can give it without the pan no.
    a proper credit card is always adviced to use!:)

uttoransen, May 15, 2007 IP
  8. TatiAnA

TatiAnA Active Member

Best Answers:
    dOES this mean Yahoo overture accept VCCs to activate a newly created yahoo account?

TatiAnA, Jun 5, 2007 IP
  9. suniyog

suniyog Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah! HDFC Bank Netsafe card is accepted all over. I used them almost everywhere. But be cautious. Its not that safe. I have used netsafe card for AOL AIM services. I requested them to stop services within 15 days. But they stopped giving services after 45-60 days.
    And you know what? they are still charging my netsafe card. I had to withdraw all money from my HDFC Acct. But they are still charging and my account is 2500 in debit. Shocking, No? Be careful.

suniyog, Jun 9, 2007 IP
  10. muthu

muthu Peon

Best Answers:
    Safely used the netsafe card of HDFC Bank online tranaction.You have generate virtually for the amount you desire. As such Chances of overcharging is eliminated.

muthu, Jun 9, 2007 IP
  11. suniyog

suniyog Banned

Best Answers:
    Muthu,
    Don't be overconfident. I made a INR 10 card for which the company has charged me more than Rs.5000/- with the help of Bank. I asked the bank but could not get any refunds back. So had to withdraw all money from it.

suniyog, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  12. Tybridges07

Tybridges07 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think for vcc'sfrom HDFC bank to work with adwords or yahoo, you will have to set the limit to be far above the amount you want to use. The reason is because adwords usually test the cards in order to detect if its Vcc or not. (because most Vcc's are $60 and less.
    Make sure that the amount in the credit card exceeds the amount of adwords/yahoo credit you want to buy by not less than $60.
    If you use HDFC bank to create your VCC, the unused balance will be returned to your account.

Tybridges07, Jul 15, 2010 IP