1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hawk Host worst customer service

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by L7world, Jun 27, 2017.

Hawk Host customer service is a joke.
    I initiated a r1soft restore backup from cpanel
    Got an error which cites the cause as security settings on server (something that I have no control over)
    http://wiki.r1soft.com/display/kb3/Error+-+InnoDB+Restore+Fails+to+Prepare+MySQL+Instance
    Database was corrupted so I emailed customer service asking to restore database.

I had to ask 4 times with multiple reps before they even started a restore. FYI this is the first time I contacted them in a year and the last time was to ask what the name servers were. So it's not as if I'm constantly asking for backups.
    I asked for a credit not only for failed restore but more importantly the 2.5 hours spent arguing with support to initiate a restore. Time wasted sitting on their hands.

Their final response (screenshot included):

"I'm afraid that still is not covered under our SLA, we cannot make any guarantee how long it would take to complete a restore from our backup systems."

If you want to say there's no guarantee how long customer service takes to respond to a ticket or solve a ticket that's fine. The problem is they responded to ticket but simply ignored request and told me your website looks fine, which I had to explain was because it was (partially) cached with Cloudflare. They still didn't believe me and I had to send screenshots before they finally relented to do restore.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    L7world, Jun 27, 2017 IP
  2. FloXera-Jose

FloXera-Jose Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They are a very reputable and big player in the market.... There's always a second part of the history, and i only know yours.
    For sure it was nice to know what KH has to say, but probably we will never will. Good luck with your next provider.

FloXera-Jose, Jul 6, 2017 IP
  3. DanielBlue

DanielBlue Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    After dumping Hostgator and another company I use Hawk Host (among others) as well. Once there was a small argue with the billing department but the hosting itself works nice and fast. Uptime 99.99% - 100%. Their customer service always answers fast if I have a question an is willing to help...

DanielBlue, Jul 29, 2017 IP
  4. SolaDrive

SolaDrive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear you had issues with them, you should probably ask for management to step in. Maybe you should see if you can get direct access to your r1soft backups so you can avoid having to depend on them in the future for backup restores as you would have the same access to your backups as they would then.

SolaDrive, Aug 11, 2017 IP
  5. iHostiGo

iHostiGo Peon

Best Answers:
    Ask them to provide you access to r1soft backups as you should be able to access it through cpanel if Hawk hosting has that option.

iHostiGo, Sep 20, 2017 IP