1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Having trouble installing Joomla components and modules

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by steadymarvin, Apr 27, 2006.

I can't seem to get Joomla components and moules to install. I've tried "upload and install" with a gzip file, a zip, a tar (I'm using Stuffit on a Mac) but all I get is an extract error. I've got a feeling that this is something to do with phpsafe mode

If I use the manual install option I get

If I set the permissions for read/write I get:

I've even tried creating the folder myself and copying the files in by hand but it doesn't show up as an installed component.

It is the same story for modules as well.

What am I doing wrong?

steadymarvin, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  2. de4d

de4d Peon

Best Answers:
    This post is really out dated and have been like 2 years but i want to bump this thread because i have exact same problem and wonder if some 1 could answer this crushed question which have not been answered over a years....

de4d, May 28, 2008 IP
  3. drax2006

drax2006 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Many possible causes but check these out in order of likeliness

1. Directory permissions on host - remember to give full access to tmp folder!!!
    2. Correct version ie Mambo, Joomla 1.0.x, Joomla 1.5.x theyre not all compatible
    3. Old versions lying about ir previous versions not properly uninstalled
    4. you mostly cant install just by copying as most components need database tables etc, if in doubt check the .xml install file for the component for some tips.

Let me know what problems you are havig specifically

drax2006, May 30, 2008 IP