1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Having problem with voting form double opt-in

Discussion in 'PHP' started by countrydj, Apr 15, 2012.

Hi Guys...

I have written a script, in php and mysql, to record votes.
    What the script does is to display a form, with about 20 fields, to vote for your choice in about 20 categories.
    I have made only 3 fields compulsary; Name, Email and Country.
    In order to avoid spam and duplication I have used a double opt-in system.
    i.e. when the 'Vote Now' button is clicked the script sends an email to the voter and includes a link back to the script to register the vote. It also checks that the email has not previously voted.

I have a voter who says that she does not receive a verification email to return the vote. She also says that she has 3 friends who do not receive the verification email.

In order to check possible problems, I have sent an email direct from my computer which she received. I have also sent an email directly from the server command line which she received.
    I thought a possibility was because of the long link so I sent an email direcly from the server and included the verification link. She received that also.

Her email address is: @hotmail.co.uk and a friend is: @hotmail.com.
    I checked for hotmail email addresses in the database and other people have registered their votes with a hotmail email address. Therefore it is not hotmail that is blocking mail from a form.

I am now stumped as to why she cannot receive.

Can anybody think of any possible reason that I can check ???

Thanks,

John C

countrydj, Apr 15, 2012 IP