1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Having multiple pages of Phpbb Forums

Discussion in 'phpBB' started by cyclo394, Nov 28, 2007.

Hi everyone,

Just getting into some forum building and I am thinking about how best to handle many categories with free phpbb.

Basically, I have a site about a very general topic inside of a large niche. I want to have forums so people can talk about their experiences in their geographical regions. Lets say my site was about mountain biking. So, I want forums for several states and large cities within those states and then smaller cities surrounding those large cities. If I had VBull it would be much easier because I could create subforums, but as far as I can tell with Phpbb you can't create subforums, so my forums will be huge vertical messes. But, I was thinking I could just have a forum link on my home page and then that would take you to a large forum page with links to the individual PhpBB forums.

Do you guys think this would be possible to manage effectively and keep it secure? Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks

cyclo394, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  2. WatchOut

WatchOut Guest

Best Answers:
    If you use phpBB3 subforums are a default feature, if you use phpBB2 you have to mod it in order to gain the subforums feature. Doing it your way would be very hard to navigate, some users wouldn't be willing to go that far, also if you can afford vB go for vB! :)

- Meti

WatchOut, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  3. cyclo394

cyclo394 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm... Thanks for the reply, so is Phpbb 3 free, no $$ for VBull, gotta keep my ops lean , real lean, haha.

cyclo394, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  4. WatchOut

WatchOut Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, phpBB3 is free and can be found on the official phpBB web site.

- Meti

WatchOut, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  5. cyclo394

cyclo394 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the help Watchout.

cyclo394, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  6. Eliteboss

Eliteboss Peon

Best Answers:
    you could also look at our phpbb elite totally modded package. It has sub-forums built in

Eliteboss, Dec 1, 2007 IP