1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Having difficulty finding ads.....

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by NewComputer, Nov 24, 2004.

I cannot find my ad on many others site. The reason.... because I cannot find where anyone else is posting the ads...

Was it not intended to be on the homepage of their forum or blog?

Was it not intended to drive more traffic?

If someone buries the ads way down in a site forum, are they punished for it? I don't want to bury them, just understand what others are doing with them.

NewComputer, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can run ads for sites/pages you don't run ads on, so...

digitalpoint, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  3. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    huh?

I am not sure what that means Shawn.

I can run ads on websites or webpages that I don't run ads on?

What I mean is, if I go to say "John Doe's" site who is an ad network subscriber, I am having a hard time finding where on their site they are placing the ads (in their code or otherwise) and then, the one that I did find, I refreshed forever to try to see my ad... no such luck

I am trying to increase my weight (not literally, well, sort of) to have my ad appear more.

Are people having better luck with images?

NewComputer, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  4. thebassman

thebassman Asleep at the Keyboard

Best Answers:
    I can display ads on my photography forum, but create ads that advertise some of my other sites that are not in the network...

thebassman, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  5. Arnica

Arnica Peon

Best Answers:
    It may actually be more beneficial for ad network members to advertise their non network sites if you hold to the theory that one way links are given more weight in the Google algorithm. I certainly intend to vary my ads to promote new domains and domains that by necessity should remain 'ad' free.

Mick

Arnica, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  6. thebassman

thebassman Asleep at the Keyboard

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that's something I'm playing around with... but if you do it that way, you my find some PR drain from the site you're running ads on (not that PR is a big deal...) ;)

thebassman, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Back to the original question... as the network grows, it's going to be more difficult to manually try and find a specific ad. Imagine trying to find a page that was displaying your AdWords ad for example via AdSense.

digitalpoint, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  8. Arnica

Arnica Peon

Best Answers:
    I generally link back to my 'drained' sites from the home pages of the other domains so in effect you get a three way link and a percentage of the PR comes back. Anyhow the network is bringing benefits to all members no matter which way they are linking. Roll on 2000 + members.:)

Edit: two post rule
    As Shawn says it becomes more difficult to find them manually. I mentioned it in another thread but the MSN bot seems to be picking the ads up quite quickly and you can find them by using the link:http:// www . yourdomain . com on the MSN.com beta search page.

Mick

Arnica, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  9. l0cke

l0cke Active Member

Best Answers:
    If the description of your ad is unique enough then you can easliy find the banners that google has spidered by searching for "your ad description". I'm not sure what the ratio of sites displaying banners vs text only ads is but at least it will give you some idea :).

l0cke, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  10. lowrider14044

lowrider14044 Raider

Best Answers:
    I've actually found quite a few of mine from checking links in Yahoo and then looking at the cached pages. Look for links from obviously non theemed sites or sites you know are ad network members. Then look at the bottom of the cached page. That's where most members seem to put the links.

lowrider14044, Nov 25, 2004 IP
  11. asamuel

asamuel Peon

Best Answers:
    how long is it before your links start showing up in MSN and Yahoo??
    I joined the network last week?? :confused:

asamuel, Nov 25, 2004 IP
  12. lowrider14044

lowrider14044 Raider

Best Answers:
    It took about 10 days for links to start showing up. After that they seemed to steadly increase in everything except Google. That is until yesterday when my Google links went from 153 to 2320. Unfortunately the huge leap didn't help in the serps or anything else. At least not yet.

lowrider14044, Nov 26, 2004 IP