1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Having a Mass e-mail problem with my PhpBB Forum Need Help

Discussion in 'phpBB' started by EliteCollectables, Apr 28, 2007.

Hi,

I belive that this is the correct forum for this post... if not can I get a mod to move it for me thanks.

I am trying to send my e-mails out to my users but I keep getting this error when I send out mass e-mails to all of my users I was wondering if anyone new why, and if they do, how I can fix this.. any help would be appriated.

here is what error is saying

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
    File : emailer.php

Thanks
    Elite

EliteCollectables, Apr 28, 2007 IP
  2. EliteCollectables

EliteCollectables Peon

Best Answers:
    Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks
    Elite

EliteCollectables, Apr 28, 2007 IP
  3. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It would appear that either your host doesn't allow emails from the forums, or there is a misconfiguration. Should the former be the case I think I have a mod that I know of that will undoubtedly help you - however if the latter is the case then it will most likely be an issue that will need close examination over the PHPBB files.

Jackuul, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  4. EliteCollectables

EliteCollectables Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Jackuul,

Btw love that avatar.... actually my host does allow emails... Its just when I do my mass e-mail to all users it doesn't like to do it.. I even change the Flood Interval too "0" Zero thinking that would work.... even uploaded a new version of "email :: PHP file" still nothing... been trouble shooting on this dang thing now for over a week... Yeah let me know if your Mod friend could help me that would be great... I still can't leave the link to my forum yet becuase I am a new user.. when that is lifted I will post it here so he can... I have cpl more things I am going to do.. Hopefull they will work...

Thaks again
    Nick
    Elite Collectables

EliteCollectables, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  5. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You might try the BetterSMTP mod. That one lets you set your own mail server and such - just make a pop mail account and whatnot - or you could even use gmail if you wanted to.

Jackuul, Apr 29, 2007 IP