1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Haven't received your pin yet?

Discussion in 'Payments' started by darktsx, Aug 1, 2005.

If you haven't gotten your AdSense pin from Google after several requests, I would strongly suggest (based on personal experience) that you take the ads off your site until you get the pin.

My experience:
    I signed up with AdSense in May. I think they were supposed to send me a pin in the mail but they never did. Then one day (I forget when) AdSense told me that my account needed to be verified before I could receive payments and that they mailed me another pin. A week later, and I still hadn't received it. I requested another one and hadn't gotten it after another week and a half. I emailed support and asked them if they could send me a pin via an alternate, trackable method. They said they'd try plain old USPS one more time and to contact them if I didn't get it.

Turns out that two weeks after that, my account was disabled and the ~$500 I had sitting there was gone.

It might not be feasable to turn off ads on all your webpages, but I thought I'd just throw this out as a warning. I personally think Google delayed my pin until something came up and gave them reason to cancel my account. I'd hate to see this happen to someone else.

darktsx, Aug 1, 2005 IP
  2. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    You're not the first to report geting dumped before geting the PIN!

Nintendo, Aug 1, 2005 IP
  3. darktsx

darktsx Peon

Best Answers:
    :( I know. I'm hoping people will take my experience for what its worth and protect their accounts. I think it's insane that Google can do this to people and get away with it. We just need one, nice class action suit, IMO...

darktsx, Aug 1, 2005 IP
  4. Johnburk

Johnburk Peon

Best Answers:
    I wonder if Google payed back the $500 to the people paying for adwords.

Did they say why they did it?

Johnburk, Aug 1, 2005 IP
  5. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    Cant comment less you give URLs as to why you were banned, but I would suggest you do not take ads off your sites:

1) Any user not generating sufficient traffic + clicks can get removed from the program (in the last TOS update)

2) Way more people get their pins and go onto earn than those like yourself who don't

3) If you get your pin, you will be gutted that you didn't earn as much as you could have.

Critters, Aug 1, 2005 IP
  6. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    If your earning a reasonable amount, make note of the sites your ads are linking too, then if you were to get banned and you wanted to persue matters further you will be able to contact the sites to see if they did get revenue returned.

G say they do in their banning email (so I have read on forums anyways) no reason to see why they would risk not.

Critters, Aug 1, 2005 IP
  7. LeeD

LeeD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good post...completely agreed. I can't imagine Google is trying to save $500 by giving you the boot here...

LeeD, Aug 1, 2005 IP
  8. darktsx

darktsx Peon

Best Answers:
    They never told me why I was deleted; I just got that auto-generated email about invalid clicks. To the best of my knowledge, I didn't violate the TOS so I'm sitting here wondering why I was banned.

$500 doesn't mean much to Google, but if they do this to many accounts, it adds up. Anyone read John Grisham's The Rainmaker? It's fiction, but what basically happens is a huge health insurance company figures out that if they just plain out deny X number of claims, they can save Y number of dollars. I dunno, maybe I'm being paranoid.

I'll just keep emailing Google and maybe even call them tonight to see what's going on.

darktsx, Aug 1, 2005 IP
  9. darktsx

darktsx Peon

Best Answers:
    1) When was that TOS update? If i signed up with AdSense before that update, does it still apply to me?

2) Yeah, that's true, and it sucks for those of us who fall into that unlucky minority. But it's still unacceptable that Google fails to follow up on 3 pin requests.

3) So if a site isn't making too much money, it's booted? That doesn't sound right or fair. But, then again, a company as large as Google can get away with stuff like that .. it's BS.

darktsx, Aug 1, 2005 IP
  10. sameerpanjwani

sameerpanjwani Banned

Best Answers:
    hearing this has me worried....i've been waiting for my pin for weeks now...can't believe they can just ban you and refuse you the money you've earned so far

sameerpanjwani, Aug 4, 2005 IP
  11. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    They have said they have never booted anyone out for not generating enough traffic. They added that as an out in the future. I doubt that is why you were removed from the program.

10's of thousands of accounts likely have less revenue than yours and they did not get kicked out.

aeiouy, Aug 4, 2005 IP
  12. darktsx

darktsx Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, and to top it off, they ignore my Emails :(

darktsx, Aug 4, 2005 IP
  13. Hoang

Hoang Banned

Best Answers:
    not sure what's wrong with you, but I have like more than $300 on my adsense account, and I haven't received anything from Google yet.
    I emailed and ask them and they said that according to their record, my PIN should be mailed to my home address in 2-4 weeks, so I'm still waiting.

Hoang, Aug 4, 2005 IP
  14. fab145

fab145 Active Member

Best Answers:
    fab145, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  15. moustafa elkady

moustafa elkady Banned

Best Answers:
    i have received my pin after 55 day of request

moustafa elkady, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  16. comcenter

comcenter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is pure speculation, but from what I gather from other users and my own experience waiting for the Google pin, is that your site needs to be verified from someone at Google before your pin gets sent out.
    It makes sense that people are requesting pin numbers to be sent to verified mail addresses and never get there. It is like a method for Google adsense to buy some time before an actual person approves of your methods, and actually sends out the pin.
    In the help pages it reads that if you have not received your pin after three attempts you would have to contact support in order to request another one. This would act as a security measure in the Google organization driving someone to your site to expedite the process.

Again, I don't work at Google, this is mere speculation.

comcenter, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  17. ali-2006

ali-2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    500$ is nothing to google ....google talk about billions $$$

ali-2006, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  18. mishraasuresh

mishraasuresh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Digital Point Group members i request all of you plz suggest me

I Want to Increase our site PR. Currently my site PR 4 but i want to increase our site PR 6-8, so plz suggest me.

http://www.moregoogletraffic.com/

Thanking
    Webmaster
    :p

mishraasuresh, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  19. Gamify

Gamify Peon

Best Answers:
    nice post man. thanks

Gamify, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  20. EliteTiMeR

EliteTiMeR Peon

Best Answers:
    I still haven't received my pin either. 2 Months currently.

EliteTiMeR, Sep 8, 2008 IP