1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Haven't Made Any Money? Start With Super Easy Keywords.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by aleo1203, Mar 23, 2013.

If you're anything like me for the first few years online, you haven't made a dime. Don't worry, its not that difficult to get the ball rolling. I'm going to assume you have a site, and some type of niche or subject. If not, you can buy a site for relatively cheap, either here at DP or flippa.com. Look for a site that is at least a year old, and is monetized by AdSense (for beginners AdSense is the easiest way to convert traffic into money).

Now... first things first. CONTENT MUST BE OF VALUE! Yes text should be unique, but that doesn't mean the idea has to be unique! Maybe aggregate some links on a topic, just make it better than what's already showing up on SERPs. It can't be spun and respun crap.

OK. You have a site, you have some content of value, now for the important part, finding easy keywords to target. Using the Google AdWords Keyword Tool, start searching for keywords related to your content. Make sure to scroll down on the left column of the keyword tool page and have "exact match" as the only parameter selected for match type. Now find a keyword that has at least 1,000 global searches a month. Take that keyword and do a search on Google with quotes. So if your keyword is blue widgets do a search for "blue widgets". Look at how many results are returned, this will tell you how competitive the keyword is. You want this number to be less than 100,000. And the lower the better. Try to strike the best balance between high search volume and low competition. But in the beginning concentrate on low competition, like 20,000.

Build back links on forums using your signature. Don't spam the forums! Make useful posts and then drop the back link in your signature using your keyword as the anchor. Niche related forums would be best.

That's it. It won't take very long if you chose an easy enough keyword. Rinse and repeat.

aleo1203, Mar 23, 2013 IP
  2. jamesbrands

jamesbrands Active Member

Best Answers:
    Never understand why people put the keywords in quotation marks and judge competitiveness by the number of competing pages. Who really cares how many 1000's of results there are, the only thing you want to be interested in is ranking on the first page and preferably in the top 3, so I would suggest analyzing that.

Also you said

"you have a site, you have some content of value now for the important part of finding easy keywords to target"

This is the wrong way of going about things.
    What if you can't find any easy keywords to target related to your content? You will have wasted your time.
    Always do your keyword research first.

Never built forum links, in my opinion a waste of time. There are much better methods that will get you ranking quickly.

If you are just starting out and have no money its probably best to get a job to fund your SEO initially.

jamesbrands, Mar 23, 2013 IP
  3. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    my issue is that I dont have content (not really in the form of articles anyway) but my site network represents thousands spent on custom coded apps for a particular gaming niche. Compared to other competing apps, mine are superior.
    The problem is that, my competitors have crappy sites, yet have superior seo skills.Im on page 7 for some keywords, and not ranking at all for others.

The keywords I target, are the keywords that players use to find those types of apps. I have to target those keywords as targetting anything else will bring in people who arent interested in my apps.

Desperate for more tips... please keep them coming.

matt_62, Mar 23, 2013 IP
  4. jacksarlo

jacksarlo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Content isn't a major factor in rankings - it's how much people like (i.e. link to) your site that matters. In other words backlinks push your rankings to top not who has best content.

So don't get discouraged because of lack of content. I ranked websites with just 1 page but then I'd have thousands of backlinks...

jacksarlo, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  5. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    Nice in formation.

It seems to be a bit difficult sometimes to keep a balance between the competition and the volume of keywords.

Gianni Palazzo, Mar 25, 2013 IP