1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have you worked with GraphQL?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by sarahk, Jul 8, 2021.

upload_2021-7-9_15-39-1.png

I'm about to start a new project and thought I'd dive into GraphQL for the app development since I've managed to avoid it but really should have an understanding.

Maybe my use cases are too simple but I can't see the value in writing a GraphQL layer that comes with all the flexibility when it's not needed.

Let's say I wanted to get a list of things my user has liked and order them by weighting results.

In REST I'd call an endpoint that has the query optimised. Less flexible but no bloat.

In GraphQL you still need to write your GraphQL Server that duplicates whatever you've got set up running the website unless you decide to have a website that's doing all its database calls via GraphQL as well.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, I'll have to do some experimenting. Has anyone else worked with GraphQL - how did you go? would you use it for another project?

sarahk, Jul 8, 2021 IP
  2. FrogeHost

FrogeHost Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. Well not extensively but have used it for at least 5 different things over the past couple years. IMO it's not worth it for very small projects where REST is more than enough to do the job.

FrogeHost, Jul 18, 2021 IP
    Boardwalk and sarahk like this.