1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have you joined The8App yet?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by dexter roona, Apr 12, 2017.

The 8 App is a new social app that rewards content creators by sharing ad rev, you can also accept sponsorship offers to pass on the message on a brand. Has anyone joined yet?

dexter roona, Apr 12, 2017 IP
  2. Anya Joe

Anya Joe Member

Best Answers:
    Not yet, But I will join, If you will provide more details about this app.

Anya Joe, Apr 12, 2017 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It needs to be more subtle about the earning. I join and participate in social media for the social aspect, not to be sold to by my friends.

sarahk, Apr 12, 2017 IP
  4. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    interesting concept, and I am on the fence if this is a good idea or not. I might sign up, simply to decide for myself if it is good or not. IMO poorly named as there are 3 different ways to spell 8. 'ate', 'eight' and '8'.

I wonder if we will see an influx of lowkey product mentions in our feeds. Clearly the creators were drinking red bull when they came up with that app idea, as well, you know redbull give you wings.

I think if people did this, to family, friends, etc, it would not take long before people get sick of you, and start ignoring you.... like that one friend we all used to have that talks about the crap they got from avon... desperately trying to make a sale. There are people that would be wanting to get multiple phones, multiple apps and accounts, to try to earn big $$$, it wont be long before subtle product messages turn into non-stop barrage of advertisement.

Then from the advertisers perspective, you could end up paying for posts from 'inactive' accounts setup primarily for this app, that have fake likes and or subcribers. Marketing on social media has the potential to blow up aggressively, especially if you hire a RED neck, who may say alot of BULL simply to try to get paid. They might not necessarily be able to reflect the companies image correctly and may cause more harm then good. Companies really should take the time to invest, hiring experts to handle their social media marketing which can GIVE THEM WINGS

matt_62, Apr 12, 2017 IP
    sarahk likes this.