1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have you ever experienced popup ads?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Dale Rodgers, Jul 1, 2012.

Hi,

I've had Adsense placements on my website for many many years and they've been fantastic. However recently I received complaints from viewers about popup ads appearing on the site. Something I would never implement, so immediately I assumed the page had been injected with malicious code. I manually looked over all the pages and found nothing.. So I dismissed the issue thinking it was the clients browser that had the problem.

Then I started getting more & more reports of these mysterious popups, then thankfully a visitor managed to provide me with a link of where the popup occurred and a link to the site that popped up. To my horror the popup was coming from a flash ad that Google had placed on my website! Immediately I logged into my control panel and blocked the URL this ad was coming from, but I was so shocked Google had let this get through their system.

Has something like this ever occurred to anybody else?

Dale Rodgers, Jul 1, 2012 IP