1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have you ever bought a site?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by DomainMagnate, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Foggy

Foggy Link and Site Buyer

Best Answers:
    DomainMagnate, just wanted to say it's was a clever move to start a thread on buying sites especially considering what's in your signature. That gets people to your "buying sites" thread and promotes your goal of making an acquisition. Very shrewd. ;)

I've bought many sites in the past and have sold a few. I have well over a million dollars of transactions in my escrow.com account. I talk about the techniques for finding, evaluating and buying sites on my own little location here. It's obviously a high interest subject as my traffic logs show.

But, while I buy established, profitable internet businesses to hold, I'm aware there are a lot of people buying with the sole purpose of tarting up the site, doing a bit of SEO/traffic building/content posting, and selling the site for a "profit" a few months later.

Foggy, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  2. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That might have been part of reason, however this thread is more towards buyers than the sellers. Also I'm always after some new insight and ideas. :)

That's quite impressive, mine hasn't reached that much yet, but I also do many of the transactions through direct wire, when there is enough trust.
    Will be happy to learn more about your experience, saved your site to check it later. Hope there is some interesting stuff there and not just another one of those quick site flipping guides for $99.99 ;) There are too many of them selling around right now, along with the membership sites..
    Cheers!

DomainMagnate, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  3. Foggy

Best Answers:
    LOL, I suspect you'll be more than satisfied ;) Mine is the single most useful site on the subject ... even if I say so. And no ebook or course in sight. It's all just plain, free info with a bit of Adsense monetising.

Several experienced website buyers have signed up to my new forum started today. That may be worth checking out too especially if you're looking to talk with buyers. And I'd be happy to answer questions there too.

Foggy, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  4. 3dom

3dom Peon

Best Answers:
    Assuming no one in healthy mind would sell profitable and easy to handle site - no, I didn't buy anything. Maybe, soon - then I'll become billionaire (who else can afford easy and profitable website?)

3dom, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  5. Gradimir

Gradimir Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm planing to buy one when I get some money :)

Gradimir, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  6. Foggy

Best Answers:
    It happens all the time. People move on. Get a job. Start a new business. Get married. Get ill. Quality sites come up for sale everyday both here in DP and in Flippa. Unfortunately, there is a lot of rubbish too and you need to be able to tell one from the other.

I've been buying quality, established, profitable sites for many years now and I've got more invested in sites that I have in my mortgage free house

Foggy, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  7. Hijynx427

Hijynx427 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just bought a site on an auction here through DP and I'm really looking forward to getting it up and running. The seller said that he was strapped for time, couldn't keep it and was putting it on sale - I checked up on it and got the high bid.

It had been doing very well with PPC and I'm also going to get all of the strategies that the seller employed to having it turn a profit. That I think is the best part. That's what makes it worth it.

Hijynx427, Jan 5, 2010 IP