1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have I killed my gaming blog?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Stika, Feb 17, 2016.

I originally created my gaming blog in late 2012 but I didn't really start getting into it in 2013.

However, between late 2014 and early 2015 due to work and responsibilities creeping up on me, I posted fewer and fewer updates. I would generally only make a post maybe once a month.

With that said, for the past 6 months or so, I've been making an effort to post more content and update it frequently:

- I've started posting an article at least once every two weeks. (Lately I've upped it to once a week)
    - I added 'hub' pages where users can easily view all my articles
    - I started cross-linking my articles more often (meaning Article A will link to article B, which can link to article C)
    - I added more images to complement the word-heavy flow
    - I started adding animated gifs to add more visual flare.

Unfortunately, I feel my blog is pretty much dead. While it was never super successful, at one point it did have relative success.

Here's a screenshot from 2013:
    [​IMG]

- Hundreds of views
    - Posts often get comments

And screenshot from today:

[​IMG]

- A fraction of the views
    - No comments

Are there any tips you could give me for my blog? Anything I can do?

Stika, Feb 17, 2016 IP
  2. Stika

Stika Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    that's odd, seems I can't place a link to my blog?

Stika, Feb 17, 2016 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    How do you promote your posts? Facebook? Twitter? Other venues?
    You can't post links, you don't have the needed credentials. Read the forum rules. If you need to post a link, post it within CODE-blocks, or similar.

PoPSiCLe, Feb 17, 2016 IP
  4. Stika

Stika Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Mostly through my Twitter account. Ironically, back in 2013 when I had better numbers I didn't bother promoting them, yet I had better numbers.

Stika, Feb 17, 2016 IP
  5. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    There might have been a slightly lesser number of people doing the same thing back in 2013. I would suggest plugging your blog on different forums - use your blog-link in your forum signatures, post links to it in disqussion forums about games, post every single post to facebook, and so forth.

PoPSiCLe, Feb 19, 2016 IP
  6. Stika

Stika Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I suppose. Thank you for the tip. Oh well :\

Stika, Feb 19, 2016 IP
  7. NatashaVall

NatashaVall Banned

Best Answers:
    hi Stika, you should promoted your game site everywhere, including any game forums, or social networks, and buy any advertisement to other popular game sites. this will increase your site's popularity.

NatashaVall, Feb 27, 2016 IP
  8. GianniCara

GianniCara Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Stika,

As a gamer, I feel that today there is a higher number of blogs covering this subject than in 2013. And more blogs covering this niche means more competition. And if you're not promoting your Blog, more competition will mean less traffic. So, I am not surprised that your Blog had a decline in views and comments.

If you don't want to promote your Blog, you will need to work hard on your content and make it SEO-friendly. Investing time in in-depth posts that provide loads of value can be helpful in this case. Google loves in-depth posts and people are more willing to share this kind of content.

Hope this helps.

GianniCara, Jul 5, 2016 IP