1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have any idea to restore videos from formatted external hard drive?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Brookelo03, Sep 15, 2014.

Hey, everyone there! I have a Seagate external hard drive that has held many videos that I have connected for a really long time. However, yesterday, this hard drive was formatted by my friend when seeing a video on my laptop. Now, all these videos inside were gone and found nowhere, even the Recycle Bin. Do you have any idea for me to take them all back? Any solution could be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Brookelo03, Sep 15, 2014 IP
  2. Billy0lay8

Billy0lay8 Peon

Best Answers:
    That exactly tells you how important it is to save important data on different drives or devices. But, now, sine this hard drive has been formatted, without any drive data backup, you’d better do not write anything new on this drive in case of permanent overwriting and download external hard drive data recovery software to find all your needed videos back, like Recuva, iCare Data Recovery Free, EaseUS recovery and more.

No matter which one you choose to use, always save all restored drive data on another storage devices in case of data recovery failure.

From now on, learn a lesson to make drive data backups on different drives or locations timely.

Billy0lay8, Sep 16, 2014 IP
  3. Droid82

Droid82 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's rough. I don't think you can recover that.. Be careful next time..

Droid82, Sep 17, 2014 IP
  4. Fionahon0

Fionahon0 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why you guys are always so careless to your hard drive or other storage device with important data. Next time, no matter what happens, always upload your cherished videos to your online storage or make videos backups on other drives.

But, now, to rescue your lost videos back, you can take chances with some data recovery software.

There are many similar data recovery software that can be found over the internet. Just select a proper one according to your conditions.

But, you also should know that there is no guarantee that you can restore them all completely and successfully.

Here is an article for you to take as preferences:

formatrecovery.blogspot.com/2013/02/recover-data-after-formatting.html

Good luck!

Fionahon0, Sep 17, 2014 IP
  5. Amethyos3

Amethyos3 Peon

Best Answers:
    I know there is a video tutorial that can teach you to restore all lost data back step by step:

If you really need data recovery guidance, this video tutorial could be really useful.

Note: In the future, never format external hard drive without data backups again.

Amethyos3, Sep 18, 2014 IP
  6. Popova_Anna

Popova_Anna Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many universal programs of recovery of data. But it is possible to pick up more suitable program if precisely to know what information it is necessary to restore. You only need to restore video??

Popova_Anna, Mar 24, 2015 IP
  7. nard

nard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Recovering lost videos from formatted hard drive is possible given the right software. You can search the web for good recovery software and you can find tons of resources to recover your lost media files. I recommend O&O media recovery as I have tested it and I can vouch for its reputation. You can download it here http://www.oo-software.com/en/products/oomediarecovery

Full version is worth around $50 but you can get the trial version or if you can find a licensed version for free from various sources on the net then that would be awesome.

nard, Apr 2, 2015 IP