1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have a website and now I should get all kinds of traffic. Wrong!

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Sophie Scarlett, Mar 5, 2017.

Where should I start in regards to starting my online presence? I mean, I submitted my url domain to the top search engines. And will soon write up some content with keywords that are related to my product. I am new at this so don't want to go for the high tech stuff. Any suggestions? I am an SEO newbie. http://moniquedmarcano.wixsite.com/pastelespuertorican

Sophie Scarlett, Mar 5, 2017 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best way I've personally found to drive organic traffic to my websites is to consistently create original high-value content. The search engines love when you do that, and they reward you by putting that content in front of their customers.

It's not something that's going to happen overnight. But if you put the good stuff our there the search engines will find it.

JoeSpirit, Mar 5, 2017 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Also, you may want to consider getting a real domain name (i.e. somedomain.com) instead of moniquedmarcano.wixsite.com/pastelespuertorican. I highly doubt that you'll gain any real traction with your current subdomain.

qwikad.com, Mar 17, 2017 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  4. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    OP.
    A domain name needs to be easy to share. Here is a test. If you can read it out to a 10 year old kid, over the phone, and have them type it in correctly, then it is a good name. Your name, I giveup trying to type it in. Noone will ever find your site. Noone will see your business card and look it up. In fact, noone would touch your business card while it has that domain on it.

FYI,
    puertorican.food
    is available for pre-registration. I would advise you to grab it.
    tastypuertorican.com is available right now, and it is a good trade up.... but there may be better domains for you to choose.

In regards to promoting your site, part of the reason for having a site, is to help maximise offline promoting, and then it needs to be able to CONVERT online leads into walk in customers. Your site needs to be good enough to have others interested in what you are selling.

However, the site you have now is really bad. I mean, on a scale of 1 to terrible, you rank negative. I had to go through the entire site to try to find out where abouts in sydney you were.... only to find you were in washington -> if you want people in your local area to find you, then actually writing down were you are, clearly, in english, will help.

If you want people to come to your restaurant, then having your address, store hours, and then a menu are all things that need to be highly clear, and quickly accessible.

Once you have a semi-decent site. I would encourage you to do articles on some of your dishes. Think of a menu, where people can click on "view more" on certain items, and have mouth watering photos of the food, and an article on the food, the culture, etc. This is what we call good content, and it will help in gaining natural traffic.

Warning. Some people think having a site = instant money. It is not. You need to consider doing other methods of promotion. Such as:
    1. flyers to local area
    2. advertising in phone books, this usually gets you in a printed book as well as online directories.
    3. radio ads.
    4. google ads
    5. facebook ads

matt_62, Mar 19, 2017 IP
  5. bigvision

bigvision Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My suggestion are the same as the above user.
    Get a domain name
    A new theme
    More content

bigvision, Mar 19, 2017 IP
  6. rajkumar mudaliyar

rajkumar mudaliyar Member

Best Answers:
    1. Reconsider your website design. I guess yours is a one page site. Please recheck the navigation action when you click on one of the menu bar option the page should scroll down to that section this thing is missing in your site.
    2. Try different logo with proper size.
    3. Header section seems to be quite big with blank space.
    4. Change the opacity of background image for home page as content is not visible properly.
    5. Footer section is also blank you can add some quick links there
    6. Also work on content presentation
    7. Check the image quality in Arroz con Gandules section
    8. Carribbean Egg-nog title should be positioned a bit lower as it is overlapping over the menu bar

rajkumar mudaliyar, Mar 21, 2017 IP