1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

have a suggestion for me?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by RyanGP, Oct 8, 2007.

im kind of new to the whole affiliate thing but im getting the hang of it. Ive been doing a lot of research so i think im just about ready to start. what do i make my hoplink target url? what should my marketplace description be like? and whats the commision option at the bottom for?

RyanGP, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  2. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Ryan.

Sounds like you're launching a product? If so:

1. Your hoplink will look like http://affiliate.vendor.hop.clickbank.net and you replace 'vendor' with your clickbank ID, and 'affiliate' will be used by affiliates promoting your product.

2. MarketPlace Description should describe your product well to both consumers and affiliates trying to attract them to sell your product.

3. The commission rate is what you would like to pay your affiliates that make sales for you. So if your product is $10, and you set a commission of 50%, you and your affiliate will share $5 each (after CB charges).

If you are simply promoting other peoples products, you don't need to worry about any of the above, all you would do is put YOUR CB id in the 'affiliate' part of the hoplink, and when you find a good product to promote you put that products ID in the 'vendor' part of the link.

Cheers hope this helps you out a bit, may seem confusing at first but it's in fact uber easy once you get the hang of it.

**When you start making hops and sales, utilize the 'analytics' reports by logging into CB, click 'reporting', click 'analytics', and play with the searches. You'll be able to see where custmers are buying from, times, etc. and can better shape your marketing campaigns to both your own products and to others.

Make it a great day.
    NC.

NCMedia, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  3. mamtasaini

mamtasaini Peon

Best Answers:
    I think NCMedia covered pretty much everything. Keep commission above 60% to attract more than handfull of affiliates unless your product is too good and converts well.

mamtasaini, Oct 9, 2007 IP