1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

have $1000; want $300 monthly profit

Discussion in 'General Business' started by meetgs, Oct 24, 2007.

1. rhea08

rhea08 Peon

Best Answers:
    could someone pls tell me where could i find information about earning from the proxies seems like a good option to get started.I have no much idea of the proxies.

rhea08, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  2. meetgs

meetgs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Knight Rider, thanks for the info but a $1500 investment for a proxy site seems too steep for me. i cannot afford to risk that much money in one shot :eek:

usasportstraining, droplister and crockett5:
    thanks for your ideas and suggestions. unfortunately, i am a technical person by nature, and article writing is not my passion. i prefer to "create" something (if you have ever heard of DiggBoss, that's one of my creations). the problem: it is very difficult to come up with a unique idea AND profit from that. nevertheless, i will try and when i get some inspiration i will let you know.

i am sorry to hear what happened to Codythebest. true, there are MANY scammers in indonesia. not all indonesians are scammers, of course, but sadly that's how indonesia is perceived. and superrichguy, what kind of products are you talking about? will you risk sending $500 first? lol

e-fun, that's a very nice advise. "Find people problems and try to solve it by your own way." i think this is the key. hmm...

the last advice by surf4fun is very true. that's how google became rich. but i don't agree on the idea of "buying an established website". because, if the website really is profitable, the owner won't be selling it. or will they? it is just too risky i guess.

rhea8: there are plenty of resources here on DP :)

so.....!
    since there are so many people recommending proxy, i have created my own proxy site! the thread is located here

thanks for all your responses, some posts are very valuable and i hope we can learn from them ;)

meetgs, Oct 26, 2007 IP
  3. Beachlife

Beachlife Guest

Best Answers:
    do not set you goal for a little 3000 a month income, set your goals high and find the right tools to get you to your goal ;)

Beachlife, Oct 26, 2007 IP
  4. lovemusic

lovemusic Peon

Best Answers:
    Domain investment is the most reliable and profitable on the Web.

How about buying a valuable, profitable domain now?

lovemusic, Oct 26, 2007 IP
  5. Pinup Girl

Pinup Girl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    its a great idea,its really profitable,but i think that isnt so easy to find a great premium domain for less than 2k

Pinup Girl, Oct 26, 2007 IP
  6. verbose

verbose Active Member

Best Answers:
    start a proxy make it small learn what works which should take about 40-50 doallrs. For a host use Hagio Host which will cost you 10 dollars a month. Once Proxy is starting to make 30-40 a month Get bigger host make it pay for the Hosting once you get enough cash flow look for something else.
    As a side line start a article writing business at 10.00 an article you can make your monthly bill's in 30 articles.
    If you do the article route on your first half dozen do not strive for speed but strive for quality.
    While you are doing the above spend 2-3 hours a week reading here and the earners forum. Look for something that you can bring an unique twist. My belief is you follow the above advice you should not have to spend more than 100 dollars of your capital

verbose, Oct 27, 2007 IP
  7. Steam

Steam Guest

Best Answers:
    The best thing I could think of would be a useruploading site.

Like Filefront.com. For $1,000 You could get a very large server.

And Like someone had said before the proxy site, that won't cost you near 1,000 just run a proxy site off the same server. You can always make more than one sites.

Steam, Oct 27, 2007 IP
  8. samling

samling Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I have $1200 to invest, any suggestion on how best invest this small portion of my savings? Please pm me with your offer or advise. thanks

samling, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  9. loopline

loopline Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi all. Proxies are ok to start out with. I run a proxy network with over 50 proxies and I have never paid a dime for advertising. Personally I would not even invest $500 on a site to start out with. I would start with a site and just put in the time to get it running. with 1 hour per day you can get a proxy site up and running in a couple of days and inside of a week or less be making at the very least $1 per day. Within the first month you could register a half dozen and be making $50 - $100 bucks per month.

Total cost to get to that point in a month will probably be about $8 for 6 domains - .info you can get them from godaddy.com with coupon code 99info for $.99 each plus iccan fee of $.22 each. if you register 5 with bulk you get free private reg too. Then get a vps for $50 to start and then upgrade to around $100. If you use popunders on the proxified pages and get good US/UK traffic on a proxy the popunders should pay for your hosting and a small profit. throw G adsense on the home page and you should make the above stated from them, which if you use the popunders then the adsense revenue is pure profit.

Total cost to get going for the first month if your sites blow up is $100 for hosting, and $8 for proxies, and 1 hour per day of time. *Disclaimer - these are rough numbers and are not a guarantee in any way shape or form either express or implied.

Set aside another $100 for the 2nd month of hosting due to being paid net 15 and/or net 30 for popunders and adsense and you still have $800 in the bank. Then the proxy business runs its self on the revenue side with a profit each month. I made $700 dollars profit from my proxies last month.

Use proxies as a spring board if you like then let them level out at a couple of hundred per month, or $300. Then invest 10 min per day after a couple of months just to keep them going and then move on to something else.

This is just an example, but you don't have to spend big bucks to start. This is just based off of my experience. I am currently writing a comprehensive guide to starting and running proxies, hopefully should be done in the coming week or two and I will post the link in my sig. You could take this concept and do any kind of startup low cost site and generate your $300 per month after just a month or two or 1 hour per day. - NOTE: You will have to be consistent with that hour per day or it will not work. Thomas Edison - inventor of the light bulb - said that success is "1% inspiration and 99% perspiration."

Try image hosting sites or something else. Stick with it long term if you like the results and/or move to something else. But if you follow basic steps you can definitely make money with proxies. Whatever you choose, $300 is a VERY resonable goal. Just stick with it and be consistent. Then once you have your base if you try other things and they fail your not stuck and you haven't spent your whole $1000 or however much. And if they succeed then come back here to DP and help people so they can profit to. :)

Just my 2 cents.

MAtt

loopline, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  10. The Emirates Gallastico

The Emirates Gallastico Banned

Best Answers:
    Excellent writeup mate, rep added :D

loopline likes this.
  11. bidzapbiz

bidzapbiz Peon

Best Answers:
    Where can you get paid $10 for articles?

bidzapbiz, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  12. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Choose a good niche,develop a good content and promote,u may make money via adsense and may be buy selling links after ur site get some rankings.

getjimmy, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  13. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am interested where you can too?

MarcL, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  14. loopline

loopline Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    :D thanks mate!

loopline, Nov 1, 2007 IP
    meetgs and liam1412 like this.
  15. liam1412

liam1412 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Me too. Great post

liam1412, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  16. The Emirates Gallastico

Best Answers:
    You should be getting paid a lot more than $10 for a 500-1000 word article. :)

17. chriswick

chriswick Peon

Best Answers:
    I can help you buy a website that will give you that income. My service is free unless you want to leave a tip.

PM me for more info.

chriswick, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  18. bidzapbiz

bidzapbiz Peon

Best Answers:
    How much would you get and where?

bidzapbiz, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  19. The Emirates Gallastico

Best Answers:
    There are some people on Digital Point who charge close to a buck a word.

And there are some that charge more than that.

Personally, I charge $0.05 a word, or $20 for a 400 word article. You shouldn't use DP to find your work though, as buyers are pretty cheap here TBH; build up your own website and a reputation, and people will come to you :)

20. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do you know of a example site?
    Thanks,
    Marc

MarcL, Nov 2, 2007 IP