1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hashtags don't seem to be showing up

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by MerciaDragon, Jan 1, 2015.

I have only just joined Twitter and slowly coming to grips with it. My problem is been the hashtags. For example I sent a tweet that included three hashtags and the URL. Slowly three green check marks a period which I presumed that the tweet had been indexed. Now if I click on one of those hashtags I do not see my tweet anywhere.
    The other question is with the URL I understand that it is automatically made tiny but when I view my tweet it looks normal.
    It's what I see in my twitter account online exactly what other people say all because it knows it's my account does it do some hiding. What's the best way of finding out if things have really gone out one thing comes to mind is to create a second account. I also have an iPhone app and that doesn't seem to receive the tweets in chronological order.
    My overall feeling is I don't think there's anything wrong I think it's just me not understanding the system but can someone enlighten me on this.
    Robert…

MerciaDragon, Jan 1, 2015 IP
  2. PenguinWeb

PenguinWeb Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you tweeting with popular hashtags. Twitter moves quickly, so if the hashtag is popular your post could be a long way down the listings. Are you viewing "top" results or "all"?

PenguinWeb, Jan 14, 2015 IP
  3. Adrian235

Adrian235 Member

Best Answers:
    Let me explain this simply. Twitter shows the results in the hashtags in different ways based on their popularity. If you create your own hashtag (ie #Iamsexyandnobodyactuallyknowsit) and there are no other users that will use that hashtag, it will either not show up at all in results or it will only show up for a really low period of time.

When you use popular hashtags, as you click on them, you are returned the most popular of the posts with that hashtag. You have to click see all in order to see yours, as PenguinWeb said. When you use a tool like Hootsuite and you set up an alarm for a hashtag, you then include it in your post and you refresh the tag in Hootsuite, you will notice that it appears.

On the whole, it is a good idea to use popular hashtags that see people in your target audience involved. Just make sure that you do this properly and that you do not try to spam hashtags since that does not actually work.

Adrian235, Jan 14, 2015 IP