1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has myspace been killed off by facebook and twitter?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Astroman, Jul 1, 2010.

1. digital29

digital29 Peon

Best Answers:
    Myspace hasn't been killed....I actually find it very useful for media purposes.
    Many artists still use it for putting music, videos, etc

digital29, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  2. Uselysses

Uselysses Peon

Best Answers:
    Myspace was only ever really going to be useful to people trying to promote music, and to a limited extent, film and photography services. I still use it to listen to new bands, but that's pretty much it. They also seem to have decided that the best way to compete with the other social networking sites is to complicate the website as much as possible. I think that what they really need to do is strip it all back, though it may be too late for that. With Twitter, the point is its simplicity and the clarity of its purpose. Well, not really its purpose, it still baffles me, but its function (publishing short messages) is simple. Most people I know still use Myspace, but only in order to listen to music, and they don't need to sign up for that, do they?

Uselysses, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  3. HotTubTimeMachine

HotTubTimeMachine Peon

Best Answers:
    If you look at yahoo as an example, it's pretty much the same thing. MySpace to Facebook is like Yahoo to Google. But the thing is, yahoo is still a huge search engine with lots of eyeballs... and it's not going anywhere soon. But relative to it's nearest competitor it's a kitten to a lion. Same deal with Myspace in Myopinion. ... lol

HotTubTimeMachine, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  4. TechDubDoob

TechDubDoob Guest

Best Answers:
    It hasn't been completely killed but it's also far from the top. That's the way I see it.

TechDubDoob, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  5. christinag

christinag Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly myspace are likely to be endup.. now facebook and twitter preferably use more

christinag, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  6. ecofriendlysites

ecofriendlysites Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe your client should ask some teenagers. The ones I know use Facebook.

ecofriendlysites, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  7. EngineerofSuccess

EngineerofSuccess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I only use MySpace as a backlink from the friend I have on the MySpace page I have. You can connect and sync your Twitter to your MySpace, so that your Twitter updates will go to your profile on MySpace. From there, your MySpace friend will not only see it, but it also gets indexed by search engines, which may help in bringing you traffic from search engine listings, thus, move you up higher in search engine results pages.

EngineerofSuccess, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  8. MissTolsie

MissTolsie Peon

Best Answers:
    Well i'm a teenager, 17, (I hope that still counts). I used to have a myspace but then stopped, not because I didn't enjoy it but it was to complicated. When you went on to other peoples pages and they had nice layouts and you were stuck with your plain boring one, well it just got a bit depressing. I have my own twitter account and faceboook, and another really good one is tumblr. I like those because your post and lots of other things you have to say can be distribute not just to your friends but thousands or even millions of different people. I can't post 'live links' just yet but if you search on tumblr for misstolsie you will find an blog post i wrote about something similar to this issue

MissTolsie, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  9. Grobbulus

Grobbulus Peon

Best Answers:
    Grobbulus, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  10. lawsofpower48

lawsofpower48 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    myspace is a deadspace... most people stopped using it since its so cluttered up with spam and bs.

lawsofpower48, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  11. simmo125

simmo125 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes myspace had died off now. Just checkout traffic stats over the past 5 years and this will back me up on that remark.

simmo125, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  12. HotTubTimeMachine

HotTubTimeMachine Peon

Best Answers:
    myspace used to be used a lot by artsty folks... llike musicians, artists, aspiring actors etc.. but MySpace had clearly lost for Facebook/Twiterr.

HotTubTimeMachine, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  13. manou92

manou92 Peon

Best Answers:
    myspace is dead

manou92, Jul 25, 2010 IP