1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has Google reached breaking point or I am just scared?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Donny Frankum, Feb 10, 2016.

1. niksto82

niksto82 Member

Best Answers:
    Imagine if you were one of these guys who built their name and reputation for years and years. Wouldn't you be offended if you had a great brand and Google simply destroyed it? These guys are on the top for a reason. Nevertheless, they do not have monopoly and there is still a lot of space for us small guys.

niksto82, Feb 26, 2016 IP
  2. iceman007

iceman007 Member

Best Answers:
    One common mistake I see is the belief that you can enter a car race in 2014 and beat everyone, but then continue racing that same car year after year and wonder why in 2016 you run last in every race :O)
    From what I can tell, a lot of website owners are using outdated SEO/promotion methods because they worked in the past but then wonder why they aren't working now.
    The thing to realize is the web and the search engines are constantly evolving and always will. I recall back in 2007/2008 you could pretty much slap up a website and throw a few links at it and almost guarantee front page in the SERPS. Not so today.

Rankings these days require link diversity more than ever along with social signals etc.
    Another mistake I see is website owners becoming fixated on getting their website on page 1 of the SERP results.
    But here's the thing, for many results (sure not all) on the results page the most obvious listing will be a Youtube video.
    These video listing draw the eye so receive a higher clickthrough.
    Additionally, the 2nd biggest search engine is.........Youtube. So if you have an optimized video on Youtube, which also gets page 1 in Google Serp results you will get traffic from both those.
    Plus, when you have links to your website in the video description Google gives it weight (as it's from their own property Youtube).

So for anyone struggling with rankings not only is Youtube video marketing a must. To get an even bigger boost is to use either Google Hangouts or Youtube Live for getting your videos into Youtube (there are software tools to do this) as again Google rewards videos delivered via these platforms as they own them.
    Add to this by having a social syndication system attached to the Youtube account so every video uploaded gets syndicated to a bunch of social accounts and you have a powerful platform for ranking videos quickly.
    Using structure gaining rankings for medium to long tail keywords is not hard at all.

iceman007, Feb 27, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.