1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has enyone used mass faxmailing from Popfax? What can you say about it?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Cremlin, Mar 7, 2014.

I've received today an offer from Popfax. They propose faxmailing as an alternative to traditional emailing. It seems to be a good idea to send advertising and promotions by fax, as the email anti-spam filters block up to 70% email messages, more than 20% of messages are deleted not-read because people are tired of it, and conversion from emailing campaigns is lower day by day with all emailing providers.
    What about fax? Is fax communication still actual? What is the percentage of delivered messages? Did someone have any positive conversion with this type of advertising?
    I have a database of fax numbers which can be used, and I want to try to send 10k - 20k of faxes to potential clients.
    Who tried mass faxing with popfax? Is this service a reliable one? Do they have all necessary tools for delivery reporting? If it so, do these tools really work?
    The lowest cost for the biggest package is 1 cent per page (here are the prices http://www.popfax.com). Are there some better offers for faxmailing?

Cremlin, Mar 7, 2014 IP
  2. Voland

Voland Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are some other mass fax offers on the net, but I wonder if you could find some cheaper than 1 cent per page. Try it! Why not? You can begin with 1-2 thousand numbers.
    But do not forget that a part of your faxes will be received as emails. Nowadays fax email is frequently used.

Voland, Mar 7, 2014 IP
  3. Voland

Voland Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    a while ago one my colleague said that he's using popfax.com for daily fax communication, and it's ok. as about reports - all fax deliveries are confirmed by notifications. it is working )

Voland, Mar 7, 2014 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    So, you're saying that just because faxes do not have spam filters and just because it is possible to spam people that way the recipients are going to read spam advertising? I honestly doubt it. I've never tried it, but my gut feeling tells me that that will be a huge waste of your time and money. Spam is spam. People are tired of it, period.

qwikad.com, Mar 7, 2014 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You need to be aware that, in the U.S., there is a very strict law prohibiting unsolicited faxes. Thsi law was in effect before the Intenret and the first offense is a $500 fine. Back in the day when businesses in the US actually used faxes, there were a lot of struggling attorneys who would buy a fax machine, publish the fax number everywhere they could and then litigate each and every fax that they received. These days, only the older companies in the US even have a fax machine any more and nobody checks it, anyway.

The reason that this law was put in place and is so strict is that people took real offense to paying for the sheet of paper and the ink that is pitching an unwelcome product or service to them. We all know how people generally feel about email spammers -- it is a few orders of magnitude worse for fax spam. Not sure what you are hoping to achieve with fax spam, but it won't likely be paying customers.

jrbiz, Mar 7, 2014 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  6. neest321

neest321 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    THIS

I am not sure how to like you post but any kind of spam will get you in serious trouble so read carefully what jrbiz is saying

neest321, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  7. SarahStoke

SarahStoke Peon

Best Answers:
    With an online fax provider like Sfax, you are probably looking at around $0.10 per page (here are the prices http://www.sfaxme.com/plans-pricing/monthly/). Most will offer a similar price per page, it may vary by $0.01 or $0.02. You do get extra layers of security for that money which other providers like Popfax might not have and their fax mailing is pretty good. I agree with jrbiz though - regulations around fax and online fax are very strict. 'spammy' techniques won't really work in any shape or form so I'd probably advise reading up on it before signing up to any services.

SarahStoke, Mar 17, 2014 IP