1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has Digital Point always been a marketing forum

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SycamorePond, Nov 18, 2019.

I couldn't help but notice the vast majority of the forum is business, technology and marketing oriented with only a small, less active, gen chat category.
    Was DP intended to focus on those areas with the general chat added as a bonus, or was that a result of the forum changing over time?

SycamorePond, Nov 18, 2019 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Nov 19, 2019 IP
  3. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    According to the main man:

malky66, Nov 19, 2019 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    There was a forum called SEO chat that was very popular. It was sold and the new owners munted it. Those of us on dial-up could barely access the site. This one was started and the most active members jumped ship and came here.

Edit: the funny thing about dialup - my 22yo remembers the dial-up sound, my 20yo doesn't. I can't believe it's been that long since we got ADSL and now fibre.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    sarahk, Nov 19, 2019 IP
  5. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    General chat has always been the most active room. In good old days forums like Google was extremely popular.

maldives, Nov 19, 2019 IP
  6. davilama2682

davilama2682 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi.
    I am under the impression that yes. It is a marketing forum. General chats/forum areas are usually implemented in an attempt to salvage a forum from declining member posts. Or general chat is used as a simple catch-all category.

I did not notice much technology talk or discussion on here but I am new and have yet to delve in deeply into the forum. I like topic-themed forums though. It keeps things orderly and contained. You build character upon the theme of the topics. This forum must be very popular for a reason. If out of anything - this internet web forum does have web presence for sure. I am interested in several aspects of internet marketing though. Perhaps maybe not you. This forum seems a bit disorganized to me however, but it does go with the theme of web development. No matter where or how - people try to turn everything into a marketplace. I stick to the discussion forums and keep it light; and hopefully we will all grow on here. :0) The discussion content is what should drive a forum - not sales. But once implemented in a website sales pages are seldom removed - so they remain. And some use them. But not all.

davilama2682, Nov 19, 2019 IP
  7. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yep a webmaster forum. No way it would have gotten as popular as it has if it was a place just for "general chat". This sub-forum is always added to niche forums as a way for members to discuss stuff not relevant to other sub-forums.

dcristo, Nov 20, 2019 IP
  8. SycamorePond

SycamorePond Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sadly, it seems the gen chat social forums of the 2000s don't exist anymore. Stomped out by facebook twitter and instagram.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    SycamorePond, Nov 22, 2019 IP