1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has bad IP reputation ever affected your business?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by ipv4matt, Apr 26, 2022.

I was talking to one of my buddies in email marketing and he told me that even though they're careful, their IP reputation has been affecting them lately. The bad IP reputation of a company can have an immense impact on their business. What do you think about this?

ipv4matt, Apr 26, 2022 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    In my B2B world, sometimes when we start an email campaign (small, by most standards) we will wind up on some anti-malware vendors blacklist or even Googlemail's blacklist. Generally, it takes 1-2 days (sometimes only hours) for one of our IT staff to contact the blacklister and get things straightened out and we are taken off the blacklist. I believe that it is generally for either a specific email or our email domain, but I never heard anything about our IP address being shut down. Are you talking about a different type of situation?

jrbiz, Apr 29, 2022 IP
  3. Deos

Deos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    He might be thinking about their server's IP where they host their website or SMTP servers.

Deos, Apr 29, 2022 IP
  4. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont heard about bad reputatiin ip ,maybe you mean something else ?

Spartan14, Apr 29, 2022 IP
  5. Deos

Deos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If your servers IP where you host your website or SMTP server gets backlisted too many times in a short interval of time you get a bad rep and it becomes harder to remove it from the black list.
    Also, it can get permanently blacklisted if you are a repeat offender.
    Can also happen if you get hacked or infected with malware to get temporary black list status until you clean your server.

Deos, Apr 29, 2022 IP
  6. Deepansh

Deepansh Peon

Best Answers:
    It does if you’re doing SEO.

Deepansh, May 3, 2022 IP
  7. RayLey

RayLey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A poor IP reputation can have a massive impact on a business, particularly if it heavily relies on email communications. Web browsers are likely to deter users from accessing domains with a bad IP reputation and web pages are likely to fall down the rankings of search results in search engines.

RayLey, May 4, 2022 IP
  8. ipv4matt

ipv4matt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    All of you guys are making fantastic points, I truly appreciate it.

As a IPv4 broker, it's essential to keep the reputation of your addresses clean. A good reputation means less spam filters, higher email rates, and less chance of being entirely blocked. Of course, it's not always easy to keep a perfect score. Why is this? Most IPv4 addresses have been used before and may have a bad reputation as a result of the actions of previous owners. By keeping your addresses clean, you can avoid these problems and ensure that your emails get delivered. It'll pay off in the long run.

ipv4matt, May 9, 2022 IP