1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone used getmecontent.com?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by drig, Jul 1, 2007.

1. babyboy808

babyboy808 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks jhmattern. Your're dead right, I'm trying to turn it into a positive by only hiring good writers with reputation behind them and not some shady article spinners. It's just bad for the whole industry too if we can't yet do business on the web safely.

babyboy808, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  2. babyboy808

Best Answers:
    That is a complete lie. My content was coming straight from an Indian with very bad english... it is well known that getmecontent.com use indians.

babyboy808, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  3. hubel

hubel Grunt

Best Answers:
    Avoid them like the plague. I can confirm they use Indian writers, don't answer emails, deliver late and are generally a waste of time to deal with.

You learn by your mistakes I guess. $250 down but life goes on.

hubel, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  4. designerz

designerz Banned

Best Answers:
    Does this software prepare unique articles passing copyscape?

designerz, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  5. KNEB

KNEB Peon

Best Answers:
    I will suggest to have your own content with creativity. This website help to develop content for websites. I have never used any kind of website.
    Cheers

KNEB, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  6. Main Boom

Main Boom Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh my god i'm so sorry for you :(. The same thing happened to me too, i didn't know they're using indians as writers and i bought the unique writer package for $250, after i waited 4 days i got a 250 words example that freaked me out, then i thought i should give them another chance and waited 1 more day to see some full text, no luck either, they had huge mistakes so i asked for a refund ... from the time i asked for the refund, support was ignoring me, they were not answering any support email i was sending ... in 1 word i got a nice $250 scam :( . I wouldn't advice anyone to use them getmecontent sucks big time from all points of view :(.

Main Boom, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  7. Top Dollar

Top Dollar Peon

Best Answers:
    BabyBoy808,

I said use GetContent.com, not GetMeContent.com.

Top Dollar, Sep 15, 2007 IP
  8. babyboy808

Best Answers:
    apologies, the 2 names looked really similar. :eek:

babyboy808, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  9. The Emirates Gallastico

The Emirates Gallastico Banned

Best Answers:
    Go to the Online Writing Jobs board or Get A Freelancer and you'll easily get teams of writers that can do $0.01 (or less) a word. Ask them to send you samples first; if they're rubbish, don't use them :)

The Emirates Gallastico, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  10. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    And if you only want to pay a penny per word, you don't deserve anything better than rubbish. :rolleyes:

jhmattern, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  11. sunnymonkey

sunnymonkey Peon

Best Answers:
    I wont be going near them again. Used them to write a month of content... I am still missing half my posts, the writing was often "broken english" in places, and it turns out the the articles that were meant to be unique were actually re-writes from articles in article directories.

I hope that others have success with them these days as the idea is fantastic, but the quality was very poor and I didn't get half of my content... as such I wont be using them again.

Hope that helps.

sunnymonkey, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  12. whitey77

whitey77 Guest

Best Answers:
    I have done some further research into these guys and I'm affraid to say ... they are a scam. Stay clear. I haven't received any content and I noticed that they have just folded a company and put it into another one so anyone who is awaiting content will probably be doing so for a while!

whitey77, Oct 5, 2007 IP
  13. gtork3

gtork3 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, gals, I am the NEW owner of getmecontent.com I am not here to promote, but to clear up any misconceptions and rumors that persist about getmecontent.com I did purchase the site in late December with the intention of improving things. Before we bought the site, we knew of course that the quality was lacking and there had been problems with orders being filled, and that basically it was a mess. We have updated the site to reflect varying qualities of writing so that people know exactly what they are getting before they order. We have new samples on the site that reflect the three quality levels that are now an option. I personally don’t want people expecting one thing and getting another when they order, and not coming back, or having a bad impression because they feel that have been misled. This is the reason for being very clear about the quality and delivery times as they are now in effect on the site. We have spelled it out very clearly on the site as to what to expect depending on what you order. As the new owner I just wanted to have some input here, and let people know that there is a new team behind the domain name. For those of you who may still be angry with previous ownership, I hope you can understand that the past has absolutely nothing to do with the current situation at our site. We are working with people on an individual basis as this is what it is going to take to rebuild the reputation of getmecontent. Greg T.

gtork3, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  14. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try another Indian here to get your impressions dispelled for ever. With me, you will never ever have to have this feeling again.
    My website [beta]

Alevoor, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  15. Top Dollar

Top Dollar Peon

Best Answers:
    My question right now is:

Does anyone in India buy content?

There seem to be tons of writers available. I'm not bashing folks for trying to make a dollar, but at least come with a quality product before taking work from the locals (this applies in both directions, btw).

Top Dollar, Feb 14, 2008 IP