1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone used Doba.com?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by BoBByCooL, May 3, 2008.

1. staffsergeantpeterson

staffsergeantpeterson Member

Best Answers:
    Doba.com works if you know how and what you are doing. There is a good drop shipping site about doba it's a decent read.

(Not Spammin' Not my Site)

thedobareview.com

I sell jerseys on ebay occasionally. I have a doba account and sell about 10 of thier items for a decent profit.

staffsergeantpeterson, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  2. DCharles

DCharles Peon

Best Answers:
    Doba doesn't really have a good supply of the "hot" products

DCharles, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  3. staffsergeantpeterson

Best Answers:
    Just like everything else. Drop Shipping takes work. Read thedobareview.com for ideas. That's where I started. I still sell. Economy sux right now so sales are slow. I sell pillows, blankets, jerseys, santoku knives, skullcandy headphones, bounty hunter metal detectors, Antennas, Akai Refurbished TV's. Bean bags... ALL FROM DOBA!!!!

staffsergeantpeterson, Nov 17, 2008 IP
    BoBByCooL likes this.
  4. BoBByCooL

BoBByCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info :)

Doba is one of the few dropshippers certified by ebay too so that's a plus for them

I've also been researching Doba again and I'm finding lots of good reviews. Actually I'm finding more good than bad. It appears that you just have to take the time and properly research products. To me that is a no brainer. Plus they are the only dropshipper certified by eBay so that must be a + in regards to their practices.

BoBByCooL, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  5. staffsergeantpeterson

Best Answers:
    They do go the extra mile... I sent an email to them requesting Hammocks.. Next thing you know the get them that day. Also Keyboards... I was selling those (still am) and they ran out unexpectedly as I wasn't payin' attention. I contacted (Wes L.) and he totally hooked me up next thing you know I continue selling saitek keyboards... Anytime need something they bend over backwards for me. I was even featured on their success story page for about 13 months...

staffsergeantpeterson, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  6. FoXMaN

FoXMaN Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have used Doba before and i have found that the prices they offer on most all products were not very profitable, This was a about three 2yrs ago. Every product seemed to be marked up a little too much. They make the claim at the time that they only charged for the information and did not mark up products. I found out different. In my opinion they were just another middle man. Maybe they have changed since. Good Luck.

FoXMaN, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  7. john14789

john14789 Peon

Best Answers:
    Doba has absurd prices which you cannot make any money on. Simply put dropshipping doesn't make close the money buying wholesale and selling retail makes.

john14789, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  8. softwaretrade

softwaretrade Peon

Best Answers:
    It's very hard to turn a profit using those services. The margin is too small

softwaretrade, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  9. staffsergeantpeterson

Best Answers:
    2-3 years ago is when doba was still pretty new. They've gone leaps and bounds with product, prices, and terms.... Look I use them... I don't really care if you don't want my advice... All I know is I make a steady income from drop shipping with doba. That is all.

10. staffsergeantpeterson

Best Answers:
    From Ezine-articles

If you sell on eBay then you know how to work your magic. You know that you need to find items that sell and will continue to sell for a profit. Remember profit is your goal. You need to find consistency with your product. I like to sell kitchen knives. Everyone uses them so the demands for knives are a little steady more than, well say Cologne or Perfume. Knives are consistent. Let's do a little Drop Shipping Math

* Let's say I sell 7 different items on eBay. Every day of the week

* These 7 auctions end at 7:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time.

* So 7 products x 7 days a week = 49 auctions.

* 49 auctions x $7 average profit just for CONSISTENT SELLING ITEMS?

When it's all said and done your auctions profit 7 bucks an item. That is $343!

$343 Average weekly profit for 7 Items is not bad at all. You can even gain hire profit margins than that.

Profit for the month is almost $1200 Dollars! Just off of 7 different products! So the first month you will already will already be on a steady course to POWER SELLER! This is smart selling right here.

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-Drop-Shipping-Really-Works-With-Ebay&id=907237

11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The problem with this "model" is that it does not factor into account that to actually close 49 auctions, you need to run a lot of them and you will need to be working with high volume products. This means that the big players will already be in this market or shortly planning to jump in (they have to constantly increase their offerings and watch to see what new products are beginning to take off). Once the big guys are in, you can bet that your anticipated profit margins will go way down or your sales will suffer because they will undercut you to death. And ebay buyers are all about the cheapest cost. That is why it is very, very difficult to make a profit on eBay these days by re-selling products.

jrbiz, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  12. staffsergeantpeterson

Best Answers:

I agree with everything you've stated. But it's not what you sell but how you sell it. If you do factor in the variables identified you'd still have to pay attention yes.. I sell stuff that's is needed not necessarily what is popular.

It's not necesarily doba. It's dropshipping in general. Mom and Pop onesies and twosies can etch their way into profits. I have done it and still do. All "middle-man" take their piece of the pie. Centralizing merchants to one place is convenient if you are selling many different items. If you are selling one brand then you can cut the drop shippers out and go straight to the merchant but be prepared to have a business license.

staffsergeantpeterson, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  13. john14789

john14789 Peon

Best Answers:
    49 auctions is way too much to handle for only $343. You have to take into consideration the shipping and handling with customer support to each of those 49 customers. Although if you have no choice then it's a option you have to take. Plus you'll always have problems with eBay/Paypal when doing that many sales.

john14789, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  14. staffsergeantpeterson

Best Answers:
    Dude 49 Auctions is Cake... Once you set it up right with turbo lister yer done with 1 click... Common' I run 200 a pop.. Not all sale but I profit...

staffsergeantpeterson, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  15. BoBByCooL

BoBByCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    I was going to ask how many auctions you run at once. If you have it automated it shouldn't be hard to do 200

BoBByCooL, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  16. brandmantra

brandmantra Peon

Best Answers:
    though there has some good points about doba.com but I have a doubt that, is it gaining the reliability like ebay?

brandmantra, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  17. BoBByCooL

BoBByCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of times the people that write the bad reviews are the ones that are too lazy to take the time and learn it right. If you want to make it work it will, if you are too lazy it wont.

Most people who try and make money on the web are only interested in "Get rich quick" schemes and don't take the time to do things right. You have to treat internet business just like real world business. It can take up to 4 years to know if a brick and mortar business will become what you want. I believe that the same can sometimes be said for internet business.

You must also realize that Doba is the one and only dropshipper certified by eBay so that is one reason why I don't believe all the negative and you must also remember that all business who supply products will, at times, run out of inventory.

I deal with suppliers in the real world and I do occasionally run into a problem where I tell a customer I can get a certain product but when I contact my supplier they have just ran out. It's how things work.

There's no way that anyone can guarantee that all of their products are in stock 100% of the time.

BoBByCooL, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  18. john14789

john14789 Peon

Best Answers:
    I run 10-20 per week and I make out very good profits because my items are high end. I'd never run 50 auctions every week let alone 200. I don't mind listing but with all the customer service it's gets difficult.

john14789, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  19. staffsergeantpeterson

Best Answers:

Right on the Money... People are lazy and give up... Nobody knows how to work... Then there are the jealous type... They are the ones who gave up so just post hate all over the net.

staffsergeantpeterson, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  20. bluehat09

bluehat09 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was on the point to cancel my trial after I read all this about Doba. Thanks for your sincere review. I liked the last part about "people trying to make a buck"

bluehat09, May 22, 2010 IP