1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone used Doba.com?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by BoBByCooL, May 3, 2008.

I'm looking at using doba.com to get/dropship products for an online store/eBay business I'm looking at starting up.

Have any of you got any opinions about them? Good or bad?

BoBByCooL, May 3, 2008 IP
  2. angeleyes20

angeleyes20 Banned

Best Answers:
    I WOULD HIGHLY ADVISE AGAINST IT!!! my husband worked for another company that they buy items through and both companies are completely bad....

:(

angeleyes20, May 3, 2008 IP
  3. Kayz

Kayz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Drop shipping ive been aware of fooor a very long time....

Seriously speaking.. when things go wrong.. you will be reaping in through the profit you made and getting yourself right into an expenditure hole... just to rectify a situation thats gone wrong that is not up to standards etc.. esp if the item or product is being shipped from overseas.

Items are not always monitored when their returned by the customer which causes even more confusion and headache.

are you talking about Doba? or other drop shipping companies?

Kayz, May 3, 2008 IP
  4. angeleyes20

angeleyes20 Banned

Best Answers:
    both...they both are crap!

angeleyes20, May 3, 2008 IP
  5. BoBByCooL

BoBByCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    I would definitely not go with a drop shipper that is overseas (at least not knowingly).

Doba is a member of the better business bureau in the US but I don't know if that means anything though.

Anyone on the other side of the fence on this?

6. Kayz

Kayz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bobby's only mentioned one Doba... whats the other one?

Alot of dropshippers are from Asia... whats the profit margain like for yourself getting items dropshipped on your main land?

Kayz, May 3, 2008 IP
  7. BoBByCooL

BoBByCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not really sure what the profit margin is. I haven't started anything yet. I am just looking right now. I believe Doba works with manufacturers and suppliers that are mostly in the USA/Canada (I'm in Canada).

8. ruin7xx

ruin7xx Guest

Best Answers:
    doba is crap

ruin7xx, May 3, 2008 IP
  9. BoBByCooL

BoBByCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    I really do appreciate the input but I have a question. What about Doba is crap?

Just saying that they are "crap" doesn't tell me why they aren't good.

10. BoBByCooL

BoBByCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright, for those interested I found these reviews on eBay about Doba. It doesn't seem like they are that good (at least according to these). I did find one review here that goes into detail about the good and bad of Doba.

I figured I'd post these links in case anyone else was looking into using Doba.

BoBByCooL, May 4, 2008 IP
  11. Kayz

Kayz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the first set of reviews says a lot about Doba coming from the resellers and powersellers themselves... its a shady area Doba... somebody also mentioned in their review that overstock.com is a lot cheaper than doba.com

Kayz, May 4, 2008 IP
  12. BoBByCooL

BoBByCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    Although Doba is "eBay Certified" as a partner I think that the eBay members who have had a bad experience does say a lot about Doba. And yes I did read the part about overstock. That's kinda funny actually. Maybe I can just buy from overstock and resell on eBay LOL.

So far I've only managed to find one "half decent" review of Doba so I'm guessing it's not that way to go.

13. theman12468

theman12468 Peon

Best Answers:
    Doba seems shaky to me. I've checked it out in the past and was steered away from it. You might make .50 cents a item with their "great" prices.

Heres something to think about...Why not get your own products and store them yourself? I know there are a hundred compare and contrasts with dropshipping and having your own but in the long run it'll be the best for you.

You need to be able to see your items and feel them. Feel them go into the mail quickly and efficiently - Why worry about the dropshipper screwing up your order or the item getting there in 2 weeks time when you could have got it out in a couple days. Shipping time is one of the most important things you have to think about. I love it when an item I ordered a day ago comes in quick.

theman12468, May 4, 2008 IP
  14. BoBByCooL

BoBByCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    You definitely make some good points here. The problem for me is that I live in a small apartment and don't have room to store lots of products.

I suppose I could start off by buying small items in bulk and the growing from there. I would definitely need to do lots of research before doing that because I wouldn't want to be stuck with a bunch of items that I can't sell.

That's why dropshippers are appealing to me. There is no risk of being stuck with loads of product. I guess there's both sides to look at.

15. aeternal

aeternal Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want a good reliable dropshipper and wholesale lister you should really check out World Wide Brands. www.worldwidebrands.com. Ive been with them for a couple years now and bought the lifetime membership. There's a lot of distributors on there and plenty of info and guides to get you started. I'll tell you this. It's not going to be easy to make it work. It takes a lot of effort to get going. Personally I don't mess with ebay as I think their fees are ridiculous and it cuts into your profit margins. Im working on finishing my own site at the moment. If you're serious about starting a business than dropshipping can definitely be profitable

aeternal, May 22, 2008 IP
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You should research carefully before you start selling drop shipped products on eBay. Dozens of other sellers may be doing the same thing and the bigger sellers will command better discounts and therefore be able to charge less than you which will make your auctions black holes that suck up listing fees and produce no sales. By the way, I am an eBay PowerSeller and see this happen to new sellers on a regular basis.

jrbiz, May 22, 2008 IP
  17. BoBByCooL

BoBByCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I am aware of the eBay problem. I have somewhat researched it in the past but have been unable to find a dropshipper that I could use that could even closely compete with you eBay Power Sellers. But if I had some extra money I could buy in bulk and then ship from here so that might help me lower the prices but then I need a place to store the stuff.

I am still considering the drop shipping and I will check out World Wide Brands.

Thanks

BoBByCooL, May 27, 2008 IP
  18. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    once i used to buy buying and selling, figured that you need a budget to start that off, you need a website business as well, sort of a company, a name, a trust worthy player on eBay. then you need to be usa based as ebay is mostly in usa. u probably need a good website with traffic to boost your sales.

so you need a budget. to buy a lot in a bulk, build a brand, and sell.

wounded1987, May 27, 2008 IP
  19. rbaker

rbaker Peon

Best Answers:
    Why Doba.com is bad:

The margins you get from Doba are VERY poor compared to what you can get else where.
    Doba charges fees to use their service, with a little research you can find similar services for FREE.

rbaker, May 28, 2008 IP
  20. Aguywhoknows

Aguywhoknows Peon

Best Answers:
    I've used Doba.com for over 2 years now. I own my own website selling certain products I choose to sell from only one supplier. I'm also a BBB accredited member with a zero complaint record. Doba.com works very well with me! You just need to get going on it and learn as you go. Mistakes will be made along the way. It took me over a year to make things the way I wanted them (selling products with Doba, designing my website, updating my inventory on a daily basis, ect.). Ebay is something I just don't like too much. Fee's, fee's fee's. I have number ONE search engine rankings for many keywords on Google, Yahoo, Live, MSN, ASK.com and more. My point is, Doba offer many tools. You need to use the ones that are right for you and your business. Overstock.com doesn't sell everything cheaper, either. The same products I sell from Doba sell much cheaper than Overstock.com (maybe not all of them, but quite a few) and my other competitors. The bottom line...it took me over 2 years to be where I am. It was a lot of hard work and I sacrificed my friends, girlfriend and social life to make it, and I'm still going at it. Doba.com works for people who are willing to start their own business, not for people who think they can put a few hours in here and there and make a buck. It's so much more than that! Good luck!

Sincerely,
    Aguywhoknows

Aguywhoknows, Jun 4, 2008 IP