1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone used a resume writing service?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by mnymkr, Oct 5, 2006.

I am just not finding the time to do it myself. I contacted Resumedoctor and to be honest the reply to the emails did not make me want to use them. Maybe they get so many they don't need me but the sure lost me.

I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with these services.

mnymkr, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  2. Pat Gael

Pat Gael Banned

Best Answers:
    Pat Gael, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  3. Kaushal

Kaushal Peon

Best Answers:
    These resources might be useful to me. Thanks.

Kaushal, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  4. Monks

Monks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't recomend a source, but I can go with the advice of doing it yourself.

A few things to keep in mind when creating your resume:
    1. Don't use a template...it will be impossible if you ever want to make a change and you will have to start all over
    2. A Resume should be "1 PAGE"! You can open up the margines but don't go over one page...if you make it to stage two with a job interview, then they may ask for a CV...this can be multible pages and list EVERYTHING you have done in the past
    3. Never send a resume out without a cover letter addressing the admin reviewing your resume and always CLOSE THE DEAL with a day/time you will follow up with Admin if you don't hear from them first.
    4. Use expensive paper...heavy and texture choose good quality paper with a watermark, try getting a weight between 16 & 25 lbs. 25% cotton fiber. Use a basic color like white, ivory, or off-white.

I hope i am not rambling and this helps you.

Monks, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  5. shadav

shadav Active Member

Best Answers:
    you should look for local job fairs, they usually have resume building classes and professional resume people there that can look over your resume and tell you what needs to be improved...and it's free :D

also your local unemployement office usually will have documents and examples of resumes

*side note* I disagree monks, I think you should ALWAYS present a cover letter...it puts you that one step ahead of those that didn't....you always want to do a little something to make the person remember you...that and cover letters are a great way to bring out key points and skills that you really want to "push into thier faces"

shadav, Oct 15, 2006 IP