1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone observed similar change in behavior

Discussion in 'Google' started by thomashanancy, Jun 9, 2018.

For the last week or so, I have seen different Googlebot behavior compared to the last three months. It used to be that my site would be visited once a day, every day, and that new pages would be picked up and indexed a few hours after Googlebot's reading of the page that links to them.
    However, this is not the case anymore. Googlebot still visits every day, but new pages are not being picked up. This has been going on for almost a week now; I have seen the odd hit on a new page (all html, btw), but none of them show in the Google cache. The daily visit just cyles through the old pages Google already new.
    Also, 404s are not being processed properly, in that the page that disappeared is not removed from the SERPs, also for about a week now.

Has anyone observed similar change in behavior, or is it just my site? I'm a bit worried that my new pages create some kind of problem for Googlebot, although I haven't been able to find anything obviously wrong with them.

thomashanancy, Jun 9, 2018 IP