1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone noticed Unusual search and traffic trends over the last 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Google' started by jmparli, Mar 9, 2010.

Over the last two week I have been asked by a couple of clients to have a look and see why their Webmaster tools is showing them in different positions for their top 100 keyphrases than they actually are in.
    My first thought is that Google is showing different results from different data cantres and thus the figures are distorted some what. Has anyone noticed some unusual similar or relevant activity.

jmparli, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  2. mb0y25

mb0y25 Member

Best Answers:
    I lost 1/2 of my traffic, i dont know what happend.
    I used to get more than 20.000 UV daily but from 3/1/2010 i get only 9000-8000 uv daily.

mb0y25, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  3. sezerb

sezerb Guest

Best Answers:
    I've lost a big chunk of traffic too.

sezerb, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  4. rob.d

rob.d Peon

Best Answers:
    I am having the same problem. It shows ranked 6 for one keyword when we are actually ranked 1 and have been for the last 3 months. Same also for many others (ranked 25 for one even though it says this is the second highest keyword for traffic!) It does take a week or so to update but I think the ranking tool is never quite right. I would get your clients to use the Firefox add-on Rank checker it gives better results and regular updates (also yahoo and bing).

rob.d, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  5. jmparli

jmparli Peon

Best Answers:
    We have only noticed this on a few of our clients. Most are correct and have been since we started checking on 16th feb 2010. If anyone sees anything else please let me know. Thanks for your comments

jmparli, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  6. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing changes so far. Everything is as usual. Probably you can break down the data by geographical location, and analyze the traffic inflow.

scheng1, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  7. rob.d

rob.d Peon

Best Answers:
    As an update - just 3 days ago I saw one of our sites go from 56 keywords producing traffic in webmaster tools to 3! The % clickthrough for the keywords were not accurate (according to the Google Analytics report). However this has now gone back to normal so possibly a temp glitch (something to do with the new roll out?)

rob.d, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  8. jmparli

jmparli Peon

Best Answers:
    We have spoken to a few online businesses and almost all of them have noticed similar drops, with some bouncing up and down. Two of our clients site appear to have settled both with a slight loss in positions. The main thing we have noticed is big companies and brands taking positions they really should not be in.

jmparli, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  9. nataly_israel

nataly_israel Guest

Best Answers:
    no everything ok with me

nataly_israel, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  10. mchrest

mchrest Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is a shake up coming for sure. One sure sign is back links on Goggle webmaster has changed went from 12,791 to 571. This happend last time there was either a PR update or a major SERP shakeup. READ THE SIGNS BOYS, its coming..............

mchrest, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  11. nfd2005

nfd2005 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Something is going on. Yesterday I had a #1 for a long tail term. Today, I'm back to #11. I bet it's an algo update.

nfd2005, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  12. Vebtools

Vebtools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah i have noticed to 50% decrease in my one web

Vebtools, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  13. peppy

peppy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Today I noticed a massive drop in traffic. My list of keywords disappears from Webmaster Tools and some of the Top Search positions are false for one of my sites.

Either way, I wasn't getting any traffic from Google, only Yahoo and Bing. Hopefully there is an algo update because I think Google is broken if it can't figure out what my sites are about.

peppy, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  14. Briana D

Briana D Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been noticing this for a month now, I lost half of my indexed page and traffic is so slow now.

Briana D, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  15. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess they are re-vamping their algo. The PR update is also due at the end of this month. So they must be doing some major changes in their algorithms. Hope it should not affect to bloggers like us.

China_girl, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  16. sin

sin Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I lost 75% of my traffic overnight. Few miserable visitors today. I think we need Bing to partner with Lady Gaga or something.

sin, Mar 13, 2010 IP