1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone had Success with Article Marketing?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by stickyLink, Dec 9, 2007.

1. webgal

webgal Peon

Best Answers:
    I usually do the article writing thing to let loose, to build traffic and I do make some at printnpost.com.

webgal, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  2. xscream9

xscream9 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The "Bum Marketing Method" can be very lucrative.

If you have no money to invest in PPC but have time and can write, then I highly recommend submitting articles to ezine and others.

Google LOVES article directories :)

xscream9, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  3. nicerolex

nicerolex Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Article Post Robot, and after submitting 5 articles for any of my blogs after a month they normally generate around 30-50 unique visitors per day or more. It is definetly a good way to market however its not easy and can take many hours per article.

nicerolex, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  4. MrSandMan

MrSandMan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great thread with some very good insight.

I have one article to submit. Do I submit my article to 100's of directories or just send it out to 10-12 high quality directories... or both?

MrSandMan, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  5. NSU

NSU Member

Best Answers:
    If you have not read Travis Sago's Bummarketing then it is a definite must read. After reading through it I was finally able to have success with article marketing. The key is finding what people really want and delivering it to them. Too often we get excited about a particluar product without even doing the legwork to see if people really want it. I like to check out forums on that niche to see exactly what people are searching for, then do my keyword research. I got a sale on a product a few days ago that was getting only a few hundred searches a day and roughly 3,000 organic results in the serps. Many people want the higher search numbers, but I prefer the long tail keyword with fewer searches. I find these to convert much better. The click through rate from the article was great. If you submit through ezinearticles it lets you track the CTR for your article. I love article marketing, if you cannot already tell, lol.

NSU, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  6. nicerolex

nicerolex Peon

Best Answers:
    The reason I like submitting the multiple directories is because if you submit to 10-12 high end directories that doesn't mean all of them will approve your article unless its quality since High quality directories tend to have higher standards, keep in mind I submit to 470 directories to be exact (sometimes 500+) and generally it works alot better this way. The reason is the articles are circulated more and from that 470 directories probably 200-300 of them are desperate for articles meaning your article will more likely be accepted than denied. The more directories the better the keyword circulation :)

nicerolex, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  7. FiftyShock

FiftyShock Guest

Best Answers:
    The better the traffic?

FiftyShock, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  8. nicerolex

nicerolex Peon

Best Answers:
    Traffic is big reason to write articles but it isn't the only reason. Why writing an article you must pay careful attention to the words used in it. For example if you are writing articles for a site about laser skin treatment you want to make sure that term is used atleast a few times in your articles and you also want to use simple terms related to laser skin treatment such as "skin care", by doing this your articles will begin to show on search engines for search terms other than just one specific keyword, articles also increase the amount of times a specific keyword can be traced back to your specific article and in return your site :)

9. FiftyShock

FiftyShock Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, but what I want to know is whether multiple submission means more traffic lol.

10. MrSandMan

MrSandMan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The more eyes that see it, the more fingers to click it. :D

MrSandMan, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  11. FiftyShock

FiftyShock Guest

Best Answers:
    My thoughts exactly, but can someone who actually does multiple article submission confirm this?

12. nicerolex

nicerolex Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I can confirm it for you, the ratio is around 30-50 uniques daily for every 5 articles submitted to every 450+ directories. However it really depends on the kind of article for example an article about xbox 360 might be more popular than an article about worms. The more articles the more traffic.