1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone had Success with Article Marketing?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by stickyLink, Dec 9, 2007.

1. stickyLink

stickyLink Banned

Best Answers:
    yes i am interested in taking a look at your articles also if you don't mind.

stickyLink, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  2. Stevegg

Stevegg Peon

Best Answers:
    Great thread with some very valuable information!

I recently read a post on another forum from a 'straight shooter' who's stated earning a 6-figure income online and 67% of it comes from article marketing(!)... so obviously it can be lucrative if some time and effort is used.

One common and worthwhile tip I've seen is to ensure the article is NOT fully complete and self-contained. The purpose of writing your article is not to provide total information about its topic... but leave them wanting more, and providing a link to where they can find it. :)

For instance, an article entitled "4 ways to skin a hamster' will indeed list four ways to skin a hamster, but at the end state something like: "...to learn about 3 *more* ways to skin a hamster WITHOUT having a bloody mess on your hands, click on the link below!"

And of course you have a direct link to those 3 additional techniques in your "author's resource box" - possibly to your own site hosting the second article (or an ebook sales page or whatever) that also features a link to a Taxidermy ebook or other hamster related products. :)

The key being: give them a reason to click on the link in your author's box. Use some type of 'call to action' at the end of your article, or a tease, or "for even BETTER tips...", etc etc. Don't fulfill all their needs in the article itself.

I've got a free resource page with over 200 article directories categorized by Google PR rank (an indicator of traffic and SE spidering frequency) as well as type of articles hosted there (multiple themes, eCommerce, or Niche related).

At a minimum, submit to the highest PR ranked sites - and maybe sprinkle the article on a few lower ranked directories too - along with any niche directories related to the topic of your article. That's good for both getting an 'on topic' inbound link to your site as well as targeted eyeballs.

...Don't recall if I have a link to the directory in my sig or not (it's been a while since I've posted vs. just lurked here) but check it out at:
    http://www.arcanaweb.com/resources/article-directories.html

Hope that helps and best of luck!

- Steve

Stevegg, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  3. stickyLink

stickyLink Banned

Best Answers:
    WOW!
    Very Helpful information for all of us. That was great.
    I hope that everyone can get inspired by this.:D

4. Pal

Pal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Me too, It can be useful,please PM if it doesn't matter.
    Thanks a lot

Pal, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  5. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    What is your topic?

wokaka, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  6. dddougal

dddougal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Article marketing seems to have exploded recently, this is something iv always done to some extent.
    Its just another great free way of driving traffic to your sites. The trick is, as iv always said, to find a term that people search for often but has very little competition.
    It is a lot of hard work but it can always be successful if you do it correctly. Most people make the mistake of finding something to promote and then searching out words and phrases for titles. Do it the other way round, find a market and then find a product to sell.

To save you wasting your time heres a few things i do to find article titles, and to be honest im quite successful at it:

1. Go to 43things.com and see what people are aspiring to do and then write down every keyword and phrase you can think of related to your chosen things that people want.
    2. Use your favorite program or script to seek out other keywords and phrases that are related to the ones you chose above. Or alternatively just type in random words, you will be surprised what phrases people are searching for that you can monopolize.
    3. Write down article titles exactly as they appear in the program window, only choosing ones that have over a thousand searches and under 3,000 other sites....Remember you only want the sites that exactly match your key phrase, i.e in quotation marks.
    4. Write articles with those exact titles, or as close as you can get to them, remembering to include these titles in your articles, once at the top, preferably the first paragraph and then just slot it in wherever you think you can get away with really. Your articles dont have to be masterpieces but try and get the reader to keep reading until he gets to the bottom.
    5. Write your author bio.....Something like: Dddougal has been marketing online since 1990. To get the next chapter click here.

If you do that i guarantee your articles will get mass page views....Maybe tweak your author bio a little more than that haha

You will get a better conversion rate if the page they click through to has been engineered correctly. A great landing page can quadruple your conversion rate. Look up the copywriting section here or join wealthyaffiliate, they have huge amounts of info on creating great converting landing pages.

dddougal, Dec 11, 2007 IP
    Pal likes this.
  7. stickyLink

stickyLink Banned

Best Answers:
    I have lots of topics........

8. domainkiss

domainkiss Active Member

Best Answers:
    I found here a lot of informations and ebook "30 minutes" is very good.

And now... stop reading this and start working!

domainkiss, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  9. 60minuteaffiliate

60minuteaffiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    my whole business is based on bum/article marketing and I make between $3000.00 to $4000.00 per month while working full time in a normal day job. It's awesome. I can afford ppc but I choose not to because I love bum marketing so much.

Colleen

60minuteaffiliate, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  10. konradbraun

konradbraun Peon

Best Answers:
    Have had great success with it too.

konradbraun, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  11. Hammerni

Hammerni Banned

Best Answers:
    It's really good for link building and to get up rankings. I haven't used it yet though

Hammerni, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  12. getprofitmax

getprofitmax Guest

Best Answers:
    Nice, some need traffic

getprofitmax, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  13. gabainc

gabainc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Another one bites the dust.. i wonder if there is a list where yuouc an see why people get banned?

well i'm having some success.. but i willlove to learn how to really be succesful with it ...

If anyone is willing to share the trade secrets.. i'm always looking to learn..

gabainc, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  14. Im_sam

Im_sam Member

Best Answers:
    Very informative thread....30 minute ebook is gud...always looking for ways to generate more traffic and revenue.

Im_sam, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  15. himanuzo

himanuzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    According to Page Rank and traffic, I highly recommend EzineArticles, SearchWarp, GoArticles, iSnare, Buzzle, IdeaMarketers, ArticleAlley, ArticleDashboard and ArticlesBase as great article directories.

himanuzo, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  16. eastman

eastman Peon

Best Answers:
    I only do it to drive readers to my site and improve page rank. By those two measures, a smashing success. I have to admit I'm a writer though, so the articles were useful and well-written. I see a lot that are really lousy, so I would expect that the results from those are not very impressive.

eastman, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  17. slim49z

slim49z Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is good. But you would have to invest some time is writing quality articles.

Slim

slim49z, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  18. Realdeals228

Realdeals228 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wrote a short guide about this that may be helpful to anyone looking to try articles marketing. Here it is, input is appreciated.

Realdeals228, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  19. konradbraun

konradbraun Peon

Best Answers:
    yup... very powerful method of driving traffic, but it does require dedication and time. Quality deffinatly is key factor too... afterall, that is what represents the quality of your site. It is the first impression!

konradbraun, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  20. Lukas

Lukas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i can be a lot of work, proofreading articles you paid to have done. btu it is worth it to me.. there's a heavy jump in traffic each time.

Lukas, Dec 23, 2007 IP