1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone brought in computer hardware from outside India

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by creative_007, Jan 20, 2015.

Trying to assemble a new PC and found some great deals on websites such as Amazon (international version) and more specifically Alibaba...however I don't know how much extra in taxes will I have to pay to purchase those components. I know that customs duty for processor and hard disk is around 6.1% and for other components is 17% but that is still 25% less than the retail rates quoted by a couple of computer shops where I enquired. I have no idea about how much will it cost for shipping (from China or the US) and the VAT that I will have to pay...so has anyone bought goods from the two countries and how much extra did you have to pay? Alternatively if I purchase all of the components from a single wholesaler/distributor shop, will I be able to get a decent discount from them even though I am purchasing just one unit of each component (total worth around Rs.60k)

creative_007, Jan 20, 2015 IP
  2. treasurer58

treasurer58 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi creative_007,
    You can buy all pc components on aliexpress.com with free worldwide shipping.

treasurer58, Feb 13, 2015 IP