1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone any experience with using module mod_bookmarkus?

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by richardm55, Apr 14, 2013.

Yesterday I wanted to use built-in module for adding bookmarks and I could not do that. If I tried to put it in any module position it crashed my website.

richardm55, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  2. Maestroc

Maestroc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From what I can see Bookmark Us is a Joomla 1.5 module only. If you are trying to load it on a J1.6, 2.5, or 3 site that is likely why the site is crashing. If it is running on a 1.5 site then there must be a conflict somewhere. The only way to troubleshoot it is to disable the other modules one or two at a time until the module you want will work.

Maestroc, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  3. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I try it on joomla version 2.5.9

4. Maestroc

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately you can't use a 1.5 extension on a 2.5 site usually. Sorry. No way to make it work...

Maestroc, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  5. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    But I did not installed it at all. That module is part of new version so why is it not working properly?

6. Maestroc

Best Answers:
    Sorry... I was reading your first post wrong. I thought you had said Bookmarkus which was the module I was talking about. My mistake on that.

Are you talking about the weblinks component? If it is a built in module that comes with Joomla my first instinct would be that the upgrade or install to 2.5.9 did not complete properly. I'd download the full version of 2.5.9 and reupload all of the files just to make sure something is not missing. The only other cause would be a conflict with some other component or module you are using on the site.

Also, what do you mean by crash? White screen or does it load but just not look right?

Maestroc, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  7. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, I meant mod_bookmarkus which is built in joomla installation because I did not installed it at all.
    By crash I mean, if I try to assign any position for that module it causes misplace or moves of other elements on page which are in complete different positions

richardm55, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  8. Maestroc

Best Answers:
    Ahh, that's different than my definition of a crash. A crash (to me) would be a blank white screen where nothing shows up at all.

If the page is drawing at all then there is a problem in the HTML somewhere. Usually when things show up in the wrong place on a page it is because someone did not close an HTML tag properly. In most cases that is caused by pasting text from a word processing program into a text box in the module or on the page somewhere.

If it only happens when you publish the module then look at the text being displayed in the module and see if it looks correct. If it isn't then go into the backend and edit that text. View it in HTML view and make sure there are no open <tags> without an accompaning </tag> to close it out.

If you let us know the site URL I can take a look and see if I can tell.

9. Maestroc

Best Answers:
    One other thing, I have looked at all of my 2.5.9 sites (I have six of them) and none of them have a mod_bookmarkus installed. I don't think it is a default Joomla module.

10. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are right. I am sorry for misleading information. I have also checked now all extensions I downloaded for joomla and one of them was that module. So you have explained at first place saying it is old version and it won't work for this this joomla version. Thank you so much for your so valuable help. But I have not functionality for adding bookmarks to my website.

richardm55, Apr 15, 2013 IP