1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anybody made millions with their websites?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by googlerankmaniac, Mar 2, 2008.

What kinds of websites apply to make you millions?

googlerankmaniac, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  2. Kennedy

Kennedy Peon

Best Answers:
    Millionaires don't post on message boards, trust me. Although I'm sure liars who say they have millions will.

Typically the million-dollar-ideas are something new and original. So its not really possible to just give you a cookie cutter idea for a million dollar project.

My advice is to not get ahead of yourself. You don't need a million dollar website to get through life. Just do the best you can do and keep learning about what works and what doesn't work. The best ideas will come to you and you alone, not something you get from someone else.

Kennedy, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  3. googlerankmaniac

googlerankmaniac Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Kennedy Thanks! Not the answer I was looking for but it was certainly the best!

googlerankmaniac, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  4. Jelf

Jelf Banned

Best Answers:
    Millionaires dont post on message boards?? I beg to differ! Isn't shoemoney on mod here and have a few hundred posts at least? And millionaires aren't that uncommon these days. Its only a million bucks.

geesh if he would have sad billionaire i would have said no!

Jelf, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  5. byronthurman

byronthurman Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, exactly unless you have a forward thinking idea and get it going before someone else, then you usually reap the benefits, the same could be said of the first few to get in the game. Friendster vs. Myspace, and Facebook for example. The competitors took the idea and marketed it better and reaped a greater reward for their efforts. But if you can get a few sites out there that make decent money with little effort, you can hire someone to run your network for a small salary. And then you have a network of sites that bring you residual income with little to no effort. Or if you get really lucky you could make one spectacular site.

I said lucky, I mean if you work very hard on one site and take it to the top you will make your investment back hundredfolds if done right. However a network of sites is a sort of diversified portfolio in case something happens in the world that takes a hit on one niche, it could potentially improve another, so I believe that diversifying your portfolio is a very important factor in creating enough wealth to call yourself a millionaire...

byronthurman, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  6. numballover

numballover Peon

Best Answers:
    Not to say you are incorrect, but I always wonder when I read things like this. Why do people think Millionaires are so much different than non millionaires? Would you really stop checking out message boards if you had a million dollars? Hell....if anything you might just have more time on your hands than before, so you'd float around on message boards more.

numballover, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  7. MrsMildredPierce

MrsMildredPierce Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL....good point! After all, they wouldn't have to worry about earning a living anymore. :D

MrsMildredPierce, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  8. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Many people of course have, just look at all of them sell in the buy,sell,trade section :)

Shazz, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  9. pondlife

pondlife Peon

Best Answers:
    Once I make millions from my site I wont need to post on forums anymore ;)

...seriously tho like everyone has said the sites that make their owners rich are doing something that no-one else has done before. Take DP, Digg or the milliondollarhomepage as examples.

Having an original idea is one thing but it's just as important to follow through with execellent implementation.

The bottom line is 'Do what you do and do it well - success will follow.'

pondlife, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  10. xXKingdom_SEOXx

xXKingdom_SEOXx Peon

Best Answers:
    I do believe millionaires use the internet and do partake in forum posts. Millionaires aren’t so uncommon like someone suggested above, so if it was like 100 million dollars person, I would be naïve and say they don’t come on forums, but a million isn’t shit nowadays.

xXKingdom_SEOXx, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  11. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    Millionaires do partake in forums to keep up with the latest. They may not visit them as much or post as much as others but they are often lurking. Of course there would be no reason for them to have to make income claims. There are many happy millionaires who continue to work and love what they do and continue to do research within forums and communities so do not kids yourselves on this one. If you have some good contacts within the business community both online and off this is just an accepted fact.

reapr, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  12. willyboy104

willyboy104 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have to admit ''when'' i become r''rich'' (not necessarily a millionaire) i will probably still post on these forums. Thats if it was in the web masters industry just to motivate others towards success.

Will.

willyboy104, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  13. masterofdomains106@gmail.

masterofdomains106@gmail. Peon

Best Answers:
    The only thought I have to this is there is always someone who needs help and if a "millionaire" has time and knows the answer. You'll get one.

All the glamorification around being a millionaire has changed over the years..

14. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Shawn (owner of DP) can't be far from being a millionaire...considering DP's servers are worth ~500k, if not, more.

The real question is, do millionaires in the GBP currency visit this forum? A the moment, $1m is only £493,000. In a few more years I'll sell up here, move to the US, then I can become a millionaire. Or I'll just ask my local Post Office if I can have a million Indian rupees:p

Spider-Man, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  15. ebp

ebp Banned

Best Answers:
    Exactly. Millionaires have other things to do. Like spend their money.

ebp, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  16. Acerdig

Acerdig Peon

Best Answers:
    My opinion is if a person has a million dollar he has more free time to visit forum and to post here.

Acerdig, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  17. boxer126

boxer126 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, yeah, only a million.

-boxer126

boxer126, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  18. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Markus from plentyoffish makes 20k/day

And shoemoney is a milionaire and he is a member of the boards so not so true with that afirmation

w3bmaster, Mar 17, 2008 IP