1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anybody bought seobook?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by icare, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Saramcb Although I have not read it, I know Aaron and he knows his stuff. He is a damn good marketer.

One thing that needs to be said though is what people perceive as SEO. I believe SEO to be the whole shooting match, that includes on page off page, conversions selling the lot. Too many people are still treating SEO as if it were back in the dark ages when it was simply positioning a site in the SERP's.

The smart marketers realised pretty soon that you can actually improve the bottom line earnings from the traffic you get by working on the site.

As I said though, I can't really comment on the book, but will certainly stand up an comment on his ability, and those comments are good.

Old Welsh Guy, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  2. sandramcb

sandramcb Peon

Best Answers:
    John Scott woth and worth is typo. 1 and 2 is not.
    Don't get that upset, like Old welsh guy said the author is a really GOOD MARKETER.
    I said buy the book. I have no conflict of interest in my opinion. I am not saying you do. I am not in the SEO related industry. I am not competing with the author I am merely telling the poster on this forum my opinion .
    English teachers have to be literate but maths numeric:)
    Relax.

sandramcb, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  3. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Did you just sign up on DP to trash seobook? Just curious.

Blogmaster, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  4. sandramcb

sandramcb Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogmaster look at my posts I say buy the book in everyone are you thick or what? Just curious.
    I repeat again what I say buy the book.
    I am not hyping the book I am not an affiliate.
    But if you want to learn about SEO study the weather and forecast it.
    Last Post.

sandramcb, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  5. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Pity. For a minute there I thought you were about to get coherent.

mcfox, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  6. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You silly, I'm curious about your point. I think you just signed up and trying to trash seobook even you said "buy" instead of "not buy" but you didn't mean like that I believe.

You pity, you just signed up, posted a few to trash someone then leave? Hey you smarty guy, before you leave please give me your suggestion about your "best search engine optimization that beat others book written from my seo gods" ;) I think you already have it, right?

cheers,
    Sxperm

Sxperm, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  7. mihai11

mihai11 Peon

Best Answers:
    I bought the book. It is good - but I would evaluate it to 40 USD not 80 USD.
    The price of the book is a trick in itself. If you pay 80USD you have the impression that you bought something "valuable". I am not saying that the book has no value - I am saying is that 40 USD would be a fair price.

If I would have the chance of a sneak preview into the book then I would have probably said that 80 USD is too much. Except for the price the book is a good deal.

Regards,
    Razvan

mihai11, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  8. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    if you had a sneak preview, I doubt you would have bought it at all ;) Why pay for something you already have?

Old Welsh Guy, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  9. JohnScott

JohnScott Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'll admit that Aaron is a friend of mine, but this statement is made with no bias whatsoever.

When I first got the ebook over a year ago, I got it for free. (He's a moderator on my forum and a friend, so he gifted it to me.)

I expected it to be the same old ebook stuff. Same old discussion of page titles, H1 tags, anchor text links, etc.

It wasn't. It was something he obviously put a lot of time and research into. His insights into keyword research and linking issues are alone worth the price. In fact, if you cannot make the purchase price back a hundredfold, then you need to re-read the book.

A few months ago, I wanted his updated ebook, and instead of asking him for it I went and paid for it. He of course emailed me asking why I paid and offering a refund. I refused because his book is worth it. Seriously it is the best ebook on SEO on the market.

JohnScott, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  10. mrjedi

mrjedi Peon

Best Answers:
    There is only one definition for the SEO Book....

SEO Bible :)

mrjedi, Jun 10, 2006 IP
  11. Dactyl

Dactyl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its an excellent book, lots of information in it ,I read it 3 months ago and I think I am going to re-read it again soon.

Dactyl, Jun 10, 2006 IP
  12. srla

srla Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the opinions on the SEObook. Guess I'll have to get it after all.

srla, Jun 16, 2006 IP
  13. ramprof

ramprof Peon

Best Answers:
    Aaron was nice enough to give me a free copy (I'm a college professor). But for what he is asking it is definately worth the money for a new SEOer. It has solid material and will get you started on the right foot.

-Ramprof

ramprof, Jun 17, 2006 IP
  14. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    great to see how seobook is growing and growing everyday

Blogmaster, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  15. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    It is matchless book on seo.

Mong, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  16. BenjArriola

BenjArriola Peon

Best Answers:
    I programmer sent the book to me, he bought it but was not interested in SEO, nor internet marketing and was just interested in programming in his small cubicle for life.

He gave me the book and I got so interested that I printed all 290 pages! I did that since I always find it convenient to read while in the bathroom so no time is wasted. And this is a very good book.

Although i just got it for free, I might consider buying if ever required to just receive Aaron Wall's updates.

BenjArriola, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  17. MediaMook

MediaMook Peon

Best Answers:
    I've made a bunch of money in the 'old world' and am new to SEO and other web voodoo.

I ran across Aaron's info on another site and checked out his blog. I then bought his book and it's worth every damn penny.

Now, I will say that it's a bit disjointed in a few places; some topics are grouped in odd places and the spelling is rough in spots. But he discloses his lack of English skills up front. The content is pure dynamite, so I gladly overlooked a few grammatical errors here and there.

Other than that, it's a fascinating read, especially for a n00b like me. It's highly recommended and I'm not an affiliate.

BTW, I had a question about a technical point he made and emailed him directly. Had a reply within four hours.

MediaMook, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  18. mallen129

mallen129 Peon

Best Answers:
    Buy it. It has tons of good things that you should be doing...it also has tons of other resources to check out.

mallen129, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  19. Tom_e_rock

Tom_e_rock Peon

Best Answers:
    Bahh I was considerring buying it.... Not SEO??, :S I'll get a prooven book, with no trash talk surrounding it.

Tom_e_rock, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  20. Vollylina

Vollylina Peon

Best Answers:
    it's pretty useful book for newbies.

Vollylina, Jun 29, 2006 IP