1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anybody bought seobook?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by icare, Feb 19, 2006.

1. icare

icare Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah even myself will prefer a hardcopy... I cant read on computer, its just I get distracted... hard copy is good idea.. i know it is morework and less profit... but still many people will prefer hard copy..

icare, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  2. awall19

awall19 Berserker

Best Answers:
    I sorta would want to wait until MSN had their ad system rolled out and more usage data was integrated more heavily into the major search algorithms before wanting to have an in print book.

I like the idea of being able to update it alot. I know I can with Lulu...I just need to get around to it.

If I put something on Amazon it would probably be less detailed and at a lower price point. I would hate to put my main brand on Amazon after I spent so much effort to build it up.

I read John T. Reed's book on self publishing and one of the big thesis statements of his book was that you turn your non commodity into a commodity the day it becomes available at multiple locations. In essence you end up creating a pricing war with yourself. When you get an ISBN number sometimes sites like Amazon will say they stock it even when they do not stock it. They may even quote a discount price on your item that they do not carry and then you start getting lots of discount inqueries.

I am thinking about trying to make some vidoes for Google video to have the information available in another format. My first video came out like crap though. When I get a bit of time and some formatting skills I will make a bunch more covering a bunch of topics.

awall19, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  3. sypher

sypher Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah good points I didn’t really think about that. Just seems like you could corner the market on amazon and places like borders book stores, barnes & nobles, etc...There are practically no seo books out there. Anyway how bout a backlink since I bought your book…j/k :)

sypher, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  4. awall19

awall19 Berserker

Best Answers:
    there are quite a few books about SEO on the market, but to go the broad distribution route for one title is not efficient without a publisher.

Right now I have already marketed it to the point where it sells well on it's own.

A major book publisher bought a copy of my ebook and asked me if they could publish it. I said sure so long as I could keep ebook rights. That was fine right up until the day they wanted me to sign a contract, at which point they wanted me to kill the ebook.

awall19, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  5. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:

Well - the problem is that he updates it about once every month-month and a half ---

You could always print it. I did that at first. Made great bathroom reading... :)

joeychgo, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  6. icare

icare Peon

Best Answers:
    yes one thing for sure.. with hard copy updates wont be easy.... yes i guess we could print it..

icare, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  7. FireStorM

FireStorM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can print it and then do some hard cover binding

FireStorM, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  8. awall19

awall19 Berserker

Best Answers:
    OK this is a weird trend.

One time a girl I had never met called me up at like 3AM and told me that she just wanted to chat. A bit later she said that she printed out a copy of SEO Book for each bathroom in the house and even her mom started reading it.

There have been other bathroom stories too. The bathroom analogy trend is starting to feel a bit surreal. :eek:

awall19, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  9. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:

I've been known to scoot over to the bathroom with your URL open, awall! :cool:

Crazy_Rob, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  10. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I purchased it awhile back

BamaStangGuy, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  11. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    it is the top seobook in the market for sure.

onedollar, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  12. sandramcb

sandramcb Peon

Best Answers:
    The book is not woth buying for SEO.
    It is full of basic errors.
    This book is worth buying to learn about marketing and also visit his site because he understands how to use forums and build an image.
    If you want to learn how to sell yourself online study his moves. He is a . very a shrewd cookie.
    I say buy the book but not for SEO
    Buy it to understand how to sell yourself.
    SEO is not his topic but selling is.
    He is very good.
    Look he is on this forum. He is the professor of Spam.
    I say that in a good way.
    Very subtle. Buy the book for salesmaship but not SEO.
    You will learn from him. He is the guvnor at selling online.
    5 stars.

sandramcb, Mar 11, 2006 IP
  13. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Really?? Ok, then tell me where is your own written seo book? Have you ever read it through? Some part of seobook teaches about selling but the main point is "search engine optimization". I've read several seo books (Search engine optimization for Dummies 2004, ABC of SEO 2005) and I found there were a great seo book too but that is the past, they cannot update their own book so it makes that book outdated. I read seobook because my boss bought it for me following my suggestion. I've read it and found anygood with his updated. If you think this book worthless, then give me your suggestion about your "good search engine optimization book" ;)

Sxperm, Mar 11, 2006 IP
  14. JohnScott

JohnScott Notable Member

Best Answers:

What errors?

JohnScott, Mar 11, 2006 IP
    Blogmaster and mcfox like this.
  15. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I think that before Aaron has started enjoying his current success, he has spent an enormous time on forums helping newbies, studying seo and sharing what he knows. His book covers all areas of expertise, sure when you read from the beginning, things will look pretty basic.

What exactly is seo, the kind that you believe he is not covering? SEO is not brainsurgery and whichever tactics he is not covering, are most likely the type that is looked down on by search engines anyways, and therefor can get somebody misguided and into hot water without even knowing why he got penalized and for what.

Aaron is a good marketer and a very smart networker, and one of the best SEO related quotes ever has been given by him in this interview which he ends saying

That pretty much covers it. What we all want is success, and the amount of knowledge necessary to achieve it is very limited. It's all about networking, creating quality and using whichever tactic you're comfortable with to gain good, quality and plenty of links.

So please, since you are the expert, why don't you do us all a favor and volunteer us some of the information that you believe Aaron has failed to pass on in his book. We are all ears :)

Mike Dammann

Blogmaster, Mar 11, 2006 IP
  16. sandramcb

sandramcb Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok go to page 12 of the book those of you who have read it, it is regarding the dog and cat and position of the words in the index.That is wrong.Fundamental mistake.
    The poster asked if it is worth buying. I say yes.
    For me on the subject of SEO it is not empirical enough,too anecdotal and lacks citations on a number of occasions.
    I still say buy it to learn about selling and marketing for those of you interested in that.

sandramcb, Mar 12, 2006 IP
    dirtdog1960theone likes this.
  17. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have known Aaron online for a number of years now, and I think I can safely say as FACT that He like peanut butter!

Old Welsh Guy, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  18. JohnScott

JohnScott Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How is it wrong? And even if it were wrong, why would that matter? He says "this page is oversimplified for clarity" and really whether it is wrong or not has no effect on the value of the book. The book is valuable for the insights he offers into SEO and SEO techniques, not redundant analysis of the sentence "The cat ate the mouse".

If you're going to question his knowledge of SEO why not post something meaningful.

JohnScott, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  19. sandramcb

sandramcb Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok you may have learning difficulties I apologise.
    He may have amended it after I pointed it out.
    Do you want me to pm you the page so you can work it out for yourself?
    You say even if it were wrong then why would it matter?
    Listen buddy I teach maths to my kids and if I tell them 1+1=3 then that is wrong.
    This is meaningful but buy the book it is worth it.
    I am not criticising the author per se just that no way would he pass my maths class:)

sandramcb, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  20. JohnScott

JohnScott Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's too funny. You were actually referring to the numbers being off. That isn't SEO. That's a damn typo.

What is "woth"?

I find that hard to believe - I think teachers are required to be at least somewhat literate.

JohnScott, Mar 12, 2006 IP
    Colleen likes this.