1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has an e-book ever helped you make money online?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ikaruga, Dec 21, 2008.

The Rich Jerk was a great guide for absolute beginners for making money online, but by the time I got to read it I already knew what I was doing. Other than that e-book, nothing's really made a significant impact on my online earnings...

How about you guys?

Ikaruga, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  2. Volt Nincs

Volt Nincs Member

Best Answers:
    Not really, there are only few good e-books out there (at least I only found a few), the most of them gives pretty basic information.

Volt Nincs, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  3. butternyk

butternyk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    not many arnd that can deliver what promised

butternyk, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  4. glendowney

glendowney Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, only one, it was written by a member called EmiratesGalistico or something like that (AKA THe University Kid - TUK)

It was a beginners guide to making money, simple stuff like forum posting for money, article writing etc, but it gave places to sell articles to, and paid to post sites.

I didn't make a living off it, but it gave me some money to start buying sites and make more money.

glendowney, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  5. blichev

blichev Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, the guides on MoreNiche have helped me to start in affiliate marketing and they are definitely worth the signup. Most important they are free and provide very valueable information for beginners.

blichev, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  6. bangalore

bangalore Peon

Best Answers:
    Not really. Maybe some helpful tips, tricks, guides, but nothing special.

bangalore, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  7. meridiancrest

meridiancrest Peon

Best Answers:
    It's hard for any book to live up to the marketing hype they create to sell but most have some kind of information that can be taken away. Maybe nothing revolutionary but it's usually something in everything.

meridiancrest, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  8. ROOFIS

ROOFIS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If we're talking about them one page gimmick sites (like get your adwords for free :D) well I normally google for more info from buyers who spill the beans
    on these sites. Good resource being yahoo answers and scam.com. Once
    you've discovered what emarketing tricks their trying to sell just incorporate them into your genre :) Hey it says you your $49.95!

ROOFIS

ROOFIS, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  9. Ameena

Ameena Active Member

Best Answers:
    no never for me!! :D

Ameena, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  10. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    Yes. Reading Niche Marketing on Crack do change my life in an online business. Buying an ebook is one thing and taking action is one thing.

I buy ebook from well know marketer only. Other than that, all are full of crap.

dynashox, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  11. Proximity

Proximity Banned

Best Answers:
    Not really but it gives new ideas

Proximity, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  12. jasonk1234

jasonk1234 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, an ebook on how to win at online poker. gave me some good tips

jasonk1234, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  13. executioner2008

executioner2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    L0L ebooks are written by politicians.

example, an ebook about making money will tell you :

"to make money online you have to select a niche create your own content, you have to put up a site, "It is not going to be an easy task it needs promoting", after a month, just sit back and drink some margaritas in your new boat while cruising in the caribbean."<!--DREAMS...DREAMS...-->

anyone with decent online experience know what this means, yeahh so i have to select a niche ei."Oh ok what about old ladies from around 80 years old with alzheimer" "Now what I need is a website, alright, i'll just go to my host account add my already bought domain that is keyword rich and relevant, then I put up a site about treatments and alternative drugs that I already bought/process, with a permit that i already processed in my city, and thats it.""Now I need to promote my site, ...right, so what would i like to do?... some SEO? or Adwords? will i use yahoo, or google or both? what keywords are really relevant here? uh-huh... ok done, i set up an adword campaign and do some SEO along with some article submission... right so the hard work is done... mmmm... wait... no, is not, each month I have to do some SEO to have relevant positions in search engines and keep people coming..<!--ALONG WITH TONS OF OTHER THINGS--> well i think this is it, let just enjoy the profits...."

well how would it be for someone that doesnt know zip of online business. that doesnt even know what to sell, all of what the writer "wrote" is just gibberish that can be compared with the same speech that hitler did back then, this writers, its like they make you feel secure, like nothing can go wrong, its piece of cake, youre on top of the world and they motivate you... into buying what works for them, the product... not their philosophy, not their "state of the art tips & tricks" no nothing...

to be fair this ebooks only destroy potential entrepeneurs on the rise, this ebooks most of the times give an incorrect view of online profits, and why? because those allegedly millionaires that are sharing that "money making secret with you" in reality are just some dudes that still live with their mom and that the real secret here is that indeed they will earn some bucks with that ebook and not you.

Ive read tons of ebooks, which most of the times i opt for not continuing reading them because in fact you are loosing money by wasting your time reading them.

I think the best way to learn is by google'ing and reading articles, joining forums like this one where you can actually meet people that are making money online, by reading guides, real guides not the crappy ebooks that are a ripoff.. most of the tips you read in an ebook are easily finded with the help of google.
    amen.

executioner2008, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  14. smarthype

smarthype Member

Best Answers:
    I think forums are way more beneficial than ebooks...my problem is I try to read more than one ebook at a time and can never get anything constructive done

smarthype, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  15. digitalduke

digitalduke Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't read or brought single book and I think I will very soon..:D

digitalduke, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  16. mdvasanth86

mdvasanth86 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yeah,.. it does for sure... The seller mints money selling those crappy low profile e-books...

I would call them f-books rather than e-books,,..

mdvasanth86, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  17. Masterful

Masterful Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have learnt quite a few things from e-books. However, I could have learnt the same things for free, on forums and on other web sites.

Masterful, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  18. AlbertMARKET

AlbertMARKET Peon

Best Answers:
    I think ebooks are meant only for beginners because most ebooks contain either false miss leading information or contents that was recreated in other words. Most ebooks aren't that special and Digital Point is the best ebook you can ever have and it's free.

AlbertMARKET, Dec 22, 2008 IP