1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has adsense n00bs taken over this area?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by ForgottenCreature, Feb 20, 2011.

1. common sense

common sense Member

Best Answers:
    if you think that he is reputed member then you must have some example of his usefull post. Every thread in adsense forum has his crappy reply .

common sense, Mar 15, 2011 IP
  2. abhiquick

abhiquick Active Member

Best Answers:
    For now read these replies. If you want I will add a list for you.
    And if he find the thread created is already there why dont he report that thread then mods will trash the thread..

abhiquick, Mar 15, 2011 IP
  3. common sense

common sense Member

Best Answers:
    what king of reputation is this ? i m reading this forum from past 45 days . I didnt remember any helpfull reply from your so called reputed member " project mobius " .

he is on project to vanish noobs on DP.

total posts = " 7800 " usefull posts = " still not found a single " and he is suggesting a rules to run DP .

what kind of reputation is this ?

common sense, Mar 15, 2011 IP
  4. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    yea i bet i got the reputations out of no where, so how are you being helpful here? by bashing me? LMAO

boo friggin hoo, two people ganging up on me now WAWAWAWA!!

Project Mobius, Mar 15, 2011 IP
  5. nick3593

nick3593 Peon

Best Answers:
    lol im new but i know a lot about internet marketing, does that still make me a noob? :p

nick3593, Mar 15, 2011 IP
  6. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    Do noobs care about rep? Silly spammers only with the intention of posting just to increase their post counts and/or just to advertise their silly signatures wouldn't care about reps. I'd highly bet that 90% of the noobs here doesn't know that there is a rep system.

Instead of arguing if Project has been indeed helpful or not, why not help and contribute something in this discussion? You're handpicking posts just to show that Project doesn't help people here. Like srsly, reps are hard to get these days and the only way you get them is by posting useful and helpful posts. Don't cherry pick posts, man.

It's because you're just a new member, noob. You haven't been here in the forums a couple of years like most of us do. I don't know why you're too bothered with Project if you aren't a noob yourself. Hurt much? Why don't you provide something useful in the discussion instead of trolling?

Grimm, Mar 15, 2011 IP
  7. Aleksandar Mitić

Aleksandar Mitić Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll contribute, why not...

First, I would have opened a sub-forum for people with special needs (so called "noobs" perhaps?) long time ago. And if someone actually does this, do not forget to make it "non indexable" so it doesn't attract the wrong kind of people to it. I can imagine tons of "noob" threads attracting tons of "noob" traffic through the search engines.

Second, restrictions for newly registered members might sound like a good idea. If I have just joined, I personally wouldn't mind waiting for a week or two before being able to post. The other guys would get busted very soon, and you would only need to deport their ass back in the 2 week waiting line.

Third, the problem with banning people is that once you ban hundreds or even thousands of them, it gets messy trying to track which ones are back. This way, they eventually lose patience and go somewhere else. They're gone for good.

Once they educate and improve themselves a bit more, they won't have a problem staying around. And for God's sake, please stop with the "Dear," thing, I have no idea where you got this, but stop. It's annoying as hell.

Fourth, another possible solution is a small membership fee. I can tell from experience that paid forums are of far better quality because even a symbolical one time fee ($20 - $30) will filter out most of the broke guys who simply don't want to hold on a minute before they hit the "post" button and instead read more. And if it doesn't, at least they'll think twice before posting some nonsense for others to read.

Either way, the admin/mods need to do something very quickly. The quality of the forum is degrading with every year passing by, you'll eventually be left with guys who don't care much about quality, while those who do, will go somewhere else. It's just a matter of time before any of us says "enough is enough", bye!

Aleksandar Mitić, Mar 16, 2011 IP
    Grimm likes this.
  8. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What is the point of having a special section for n00bs? What I think is, we need more stickies around here - and thread locking.
    If you allow the same things to repeated, then people will continue to do it.

You're kidding right? DP already allows users to upgrade their account.

I believe the quality of the community went down about a year or two ago, or longer.

ForgottenCreature, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  9. Aleksandar Mitić

Best Answers:
    Well, on one forum where I am a member for more than 6 years, we have a section like that and it does a fairly good job of filtering everything that more experienced members do not like to see there. If any of the experienced members wants to help the "newbies", he dives in that section and gets his hands dirty. I got the idea from there.

No I'm not kidding. You are still allowed to post even if you don't upgrade. Another forum where I am a member for a few years, does not allow "free members" to post, only read. You pay $60 and you get to participate. You pay $300 and you get all of the special features (it's a sales forum so it does make sense if you do serious business since there are tons of serious players around). I got the idea from there.

That's what I'm talking about, can you imagine how the place would look like 5-6 years from now if left intact? I can't...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  10. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    Then again, what's to stop them from posting in areas outside the noob area? Depends on how the admins can trap the noobs from reading and understanding the rules first. They will most likely 'miss' that section and will simply spam in other areas.

The inability to post for a certain period of time seems a good idea combined with a section for noobs. Noobs will only have the power to post threads/replies in a non-indexable area for at least 2 weeks or so. They learn everything there along with lots of stickies to be remembered and they'll prolly learn how to use the forums well in the future.

That's a bit harsh. I thought this was a community that provides better opportunities for freelance webmasters/content writers and other people who doesn't have a stable job to earn money? As for the BST section, posting threads for buying, selling or trading should be paid.

Grimm, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  11. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You don't need to post that. I have seen thousands of his post and participated in them................................................................................

his rep say's it all dude. What don't you get about that???????????????????? seriously???????????? For him to have that much rep there would have to be A LOT of people give him good rep so go on with your crap noobs. all of you.
    ---

and whomever is posting about a forum that charges $300, your an idiot of you pay that.............

indyonline, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  12. Aleksandar Mitić

Best Answers:
    Then you send them back into the 2 week machine to cook some more.

Yep. You got the point that I was trying to make.

It wasn't my intention to compare two different forums directly, I understand how DP is different from a highly specialized forum, but the principle is what matters.

If a few bucks from my pocket can eliminate most of the fraudsters, I'd be happy to chip them in. And now I'm talking about the "BST" section only of course.

13. Aleksandar Mitić

Best Answers:
    I'm an idiot for paying money and getting 10x back in less than one month?

I guess I'm also an idiot for making tons of new business connections with people who easily earn six figures every year online. Then I also must be an idiot for getting partnership requests, business offers or even "just" insights into other people's successful businesses.

Well damn, I can not be an everyday idiot, I must be one of those mega idiots who paid for a forum membership.

14. mmsmantoine

mmsmantoine Peon

Best Answers:
    This is very sad indeed. Being a noob, not just to DP but, web site dev as well, I hoped to get genuine help, not spoon feeding, just a nudge in the right direction. Now those who use DP for the wrong reasons frustrate those with the most experience.

Unfortunately, banning doesn't work because the offenders will just create another username.

BTW, I don't think it is a bad investment to pay for value. I would do so myself when if I were able to realize a profit. What's the old sayin, 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

mmsmantoine, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  15. maree

maree Peon

Best Answers:
    The spam problem would stop than next stage will come out

maree, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  16. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Paying that much for one when there are so many free forums, ya you are... besides thats prolly BS anyway...

indyonline, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  17. Aleksandar Mitić

Best Answers:
    You seem like a grown up, I don't know what's wrong with you.

Pride? A hell of a thing, I know...

edit:

You know, you're right, I am an idiot. For dropping by and looking if there's anything interesting adsense related. Then I bump into guys like you and I wish I have never got involved in any discussions whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind having you telling me how I'm an idiot, but what does bother me, is the time required to reply back and try to make you understand what I have told you before.

So basically, in a few years when you get buried by broke spammers and dudes with barely understandable English, don't complain. Just join another free one and re-live it all again.

When you finally realize that there are specialized forums where serious players gather around, you'll chip in, trust me. Plus, if you're not an idiot like me, you'll not only get 10x of your "investment" back within a month, you'll earn tons of money since you're so smart and capable.

18. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    well just to be fair...creating a separate forum for the stupid noobs to post there is good actually, as long as they only post there for say 30 days. That might actually reduce some of the spam. At least we can have the spam contained in just that noob forum

Project Mobius, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  19. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    All we really need here is to start cleaning up things.

Well, the fact is - more webmasters have left DP over the years because of the content quality - do you think we can ever bring DP back to its former glory?

ForgottenCreature, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  20. 1812

1812 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Tea anyone?

1812, Mar 16, 2011 IP