1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hardware Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by johneva, Jun 1, 2006.

Hi

I am just doing a new build and when I went to order my last few parts I also asked wether the parts I have ordered will work ok with the bits I already have and the guy says a couple of the bits I have wont work together so need some advise please.

Here are the parts.

Asus P5WD2-E Premium Intel 975X (Got)
    Intel Pentium 4 950 Dual Core (Got)
    OCZ 2GB PC5300 Dual Channel Gold GX XTC Series EL-DDR2 (Got)
    Sapphire ATI Radeon X1800 XT 512MB (Ordering)
    x2 Western Digital Raptor 74GB (Got)
    FSP Sparkle FX600-GLN Epsilon 600W ATX2.0 PSU (Ordering)
    Thermaltake VB1000BWS Soprano (Ordering)
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler (Ordering)

It is the RAM and MOBO combination he says wont work he says it wont even boot up. :confused:

What do you guys reckon and do you see any other problems with what I have or ordered?

johneva, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  2. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have no experience with the above hardware. Check the MB site for tested compatiable ram. I can assure you from personal experience that sometimes they just don't work together.

Colbyt, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  3. EWD

EWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt that you will get much advice in these forums. You should perhaps take it up in some hardware forums. As far as I can say, it should work.

EWD, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  4. Daniel

Daniel Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks like you have some good RAM there. Just make sure that whatever motherboard you buy can support "OCZ 2GB PC5300 Dual Channel Gold GX XTC Series EL-DDR2 (Got)" and if the RAM is less expensive than a new mother board then just find some RAM that WILL work with your motherboard.

Daniel, Jun 2, 2006 IP