1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Hard To Get Likes, Because..

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by niroshana35, Jan 24, 2013.

1. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No they don't. Anyone can reply to threads or buy stuff as long as it's a section that isn't depreciated (and at that point no one can, established or not).

Lol... if someone is around for half a decade and never posted anything that got them a few likes, they should probably be banned. :)

digitalpoint, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  2. alamlinks

alamlinks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have one question regarding this. Can a new-bee like any other member's thread if the thread is helpfull to him? if yes then how??

alamlinks, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  3. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    They did... I just checked the old site, and you had zero reputation ever given to you.

No.

4. alamlinks

alamlinks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks.

one more question. new-bee has not the permission to post thread in all the categories except 4/5 categories. then how can he get like to establish member??

alamlinks, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  5. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    First of all, what is a new-bee? Is it a bee that was just born?

Anyone can post in the majority of categories. The only categories you can't start threads in is Buy/Sell/Trade and Politics and Religion, and you can post replies in any thread, anywhere.

6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Agreed. :)

7. Viola94

Viola94 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, were done too many changes here, everybody is talking about old iTrader / Feedback, new system with likes, but also alot of members were stopped using DP because of this kind of new rules. Also, there is a completely new design, honestly, I don't like it too much. There are too many changes who completely changed DP and all these new changes have a big impact, unfortunaly is a negative impact for alot of users.

Now, I don't know if what I think matter for you, but:
    • New likes system was unfair for many users. I know, seller / buyer iTrader doesn't matter for you, but I'm sure there are at least 20% from users only for this section. If you don't care about them, about what they think and what happened with their work here (iTrader reputation, etc), you will lost at least half from them.
    • New design is pretty nice, but there are a lot of undone work. For example, all buttons (Answer, Quote, Edit, Report, etc) are just small links. Maybe it's funny, but first time when I saw this new design, I searched few seconds to find them. Change these links with some nice buttons, the design looks pretty nice, but there are alot of bad things and I miss old design. Was "old", but was better structured.
    P.S: Sorry for my English.

Viola94, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  8. wawa.ila

wawa.ila Member

Best Answers:
    I have spent a lot of time in the DP, the Forum has become my main source of income, especially link sales but since the new rules into effect, until now I have not been able to offer a product that I wanted to sell because it needs 3 likes to be able to create your first thread. This really makes me broke...I'm still confused.

wawa.ila, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you have nothing to contribute to the community that people like, there's always plan B... which is to get premium membership. Then you get instant access to Buy/Sell/Trade. If it's your only source of income, it seems like a small price to pay to get all your income back (if you can't get any likes).

digitalpoint, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  10. wawa.ila

wawa.ila Member

Best Answers:
    I think I will choose to go for 3 likes, I will struggle for it because I work alone...not with a company or group so for premium membership is too hard for me this time...thanks for your quick reply

wawa.ila, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  11. rahahm33

rahahm33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This move to the Likes system is stupid and clearly was not well-thought out. I'd love to know what percentage of users no longer have access to the BST section. I'm guessing over 80% now? It will probably be dead within a year.

Maybe if it wasn't so strict and everyone was able to like people's posts then it wouldnt be too bad. But as it is now I would gladly welcome back the previous iTrader system we had. Could just be a marketing gimmick to get more premium member subscribers too.

rahahm33, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  12. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You know what is funny, me and another super moderator just infracted 1 member today for asking for DP likes on his account/possible paying money. It's amazing how far people will go just to get 3 likes.

snakeair, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  13. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It has a noticed already in the Buy/Sell/Trade area that explains what's up...

digitalpoint, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  14. alexau

alexau Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is fair suggestion if people sell something here and make money, then some of them could afford to get a premium membership. However, if I am a BUYER, then it is unfair. I only want to buy services and do not have time to spend hours on the forum to contribute to the community. To make it fair, I believe there should be different rules for sellers and buyers.

alexau, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  15. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So you want to use the marketplace for free without ever contributing anything useful... seems fair. :)

digitalpoint, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  16. DJboutit2

DJboutit2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It will be much harder to get likes now becuase only people how can give out likes have more than 3 likes, what is the point to help noobs when they can not even give out likes and established members are not gonna give out likes to noobs. They way the like system is setup is fail city

DJboutit2, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  17. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The mentality that you are only willing to do something for someone based on what you get in return is probably the reason you've been here for 4 1/2 years and managed to get 1 positive rep/like in all those years. :)

18. DJboutit2

DJboutit2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not a seller likes are the dumbest thing on most forums no one use it rating threads is used 20 times more. Asking people to post a lot more or buying a premium is just to much most people do not have 2 to 4 hrs a day to spend on this forum. I think the likes should be changed look at the posts saying the new likes rule is to much

DJboutit2, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  19. geegel

geegel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually I find it much easier to get likes/karma now, not that I particularly need it.

The thing is that now this sort of reputation actually has some value and it's not just some pretty green boxes anymore.

Case in point, over 600+ posts before the change got me 38 likes. 5 posts after the change got me 4.

My advice for those that really need likes is: just try to find a topic you really know and then post in threads related to it. Be insightful, be detailed and don't be afraid to go against the general consensus if you know better.

Cheers,

geegel, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  20. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well so far, the only users I've seen that said they don't like it are the ones without 3 likes. I've not run across a single user who had 3 who thought it was a bad idea. Even the ones who thought it was a bad idea, all of a sudden decided it was a good idea magically when they reached 3.

Either way, I don't see it changing anytime soon, so...