1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Happy Valentine's Day - and Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 2ndPlatform, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi everyone -

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Shannon - I'm a web designer. My company's name is Second Platform. I live in the midwest where it's cold most of the time, I'm completely obsessed with the book Atlas Shrugged, I enforce very strict rules when eating M&Ms, and I'm just lookin' to find a little laughter every day.

I'm sure I'll get a lot out of everyone's contributions to this forum and I hope that I am able to return the favor to some of you. Always available to chat (I have no life... I'm always logged in. I'm actually waiting for the day when it works like in the Matrix and I'm jacked in ALL the time. Or something.)

Hope to chat with you guys soon!

Shannon

:)

2ndPlatform, Feb 14, 2005 IP
  2. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah I'll echo that. :)

david_sakh, Feb 14, 2005 IP
  3. ResaleBroker

ResaleBroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the forum Shannon. :)

ResaleBroker, Feb 14, 2005 IP
  4. 2ndPlatform

2ndPlatform Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks all. :)

5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Welcome, can you tell us (I assume that you are female) your gender? But be careful because the guys get excited when they meet a girl. :eek:

Please confirm this and welcome to the forum :)

anthonycea, Feb 14, 2005 IP
  6. 2ndPlatform

2ndPlatform Peon

Best Answers:
    The question is -- why is that always a big deal? I mean heck, I'll answer the question because I really don't care. I *am* female. I'm cute too. :)

But seriously... on other forums I've been on... people took me more seriously when I posed as a guy. Why is that? Hehe... you guys better be nice now!

<Prepares to fend off the masses> In the words of Bruce Campbell... "Come get some."

7. 2ndPlatform

2ndPlatform Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh and thanks for the welcome anthonycea. I'll assume you're a guy. :)

8. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Oh it is the other way around at DP, you will get much more attention as a female around here. :p :eek: We make queens out of our female members in a hurry :p

9. 2ndPlatform

2ndPlatform Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey I'll be a queen. :) Do I get drinks served to me with bendy straws at my beck and call?

10. 2ndPlatform

2ndPlatform Peon

Best Answers:
    Although from "peon" to "queen" seems a bit of a jump... I think I have my work cut out for me. :)

11. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    nope, as immature men, we've set up a Warcraft hierarchy, rather than one based on chess.

You could be a raider...you get to ride on a rinocerous thingy and wield a sword that does siege damage. :rolleyes: :p

david_sakh, Feb 14, 2005 IP
  12. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    You will be fine, but watch out the big boss would rather have us edit those posts versus following your own.

We are easy on newbies, but someone must tell you, don't hold it against me, OK :)

Now if the forum "bad guy" treats you this good, imagine what these "good boys" will do for you :p :) :p

13. 2ndPlatform

2ndPlatform Peon

Best Answers:
    oooh.. that sounds like fun. I've always played the rogue though... like in the WAY OLD SCHOOL Tunnels of Doom for the TI-whatever-number-it-was. Man, those were the days.

"You have entered a room. Three goblems face you."

LOVE IT.

Anyway...

14. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Tell us a bit about your skill sets in web design, God knows I need all the help I can get.

15. 2ndPlatform

2ndPlatform Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah hehe... I'll just wait and see what happens with it all. In the mean time, I'm going to spend my evening marveling at the new little phrases on the candy hearts this year in honor of V-Day... I came across "IM ME" this year. What will they think of next?

Anyway... thanks again for the warm welcome guys.

16. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    You are welcome, we are happy to have you here :)

17. 2ndPlatform

2ndPlatform Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh I can do that...

I've been doing web design for over... wow... 10 years now. Professionally for about 4 and with my own company for a year and a half. I've done all kinds of sites -- usually work with small and mid size businesses.

I'd say I'm best at the clean, simple, professional look. I use Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Flash mostly... and am confident in all those. I do a bit of programming but my focus and skill is really in design. But I can hold my own with Cold Fusion (yeah I know - outdated, but hey, I wanted to learn it), PHP (a bit), JavaScript -- the simple stuff. I'm a firm believer of playing to people's strong points - so I mostly stick with design.

Always be willing to give advice or take a look at design stuff if you ever need it!

18. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Set up your signature and get going, there are plenty of folks right here that can use your services.

Look at my website, www.internetnamebank.com

You will see that if I get some funds raised I will need quite a bit myself :eek:

19. 2ndPlatform

2ndPlatform Peon

Best Answers:
    Can I make a few suggestions for the site? First thing I noticed was that if the browser is full screen on a 1600x1200 resolution - the text runs over your background. Now, granted, I could be the only person on the planet that has my settings at that resolution (I get crap for it all the time)... but if you want to cover your bases.

Also -- what about putting that list of available domain names in like a three column layout instead of all running together -- it might be easier to read/scan that way for your visitors.

Anyway, you didn't really *ask* for input - ack, sorry - but hey... cool site. Let me know if you ever need design assistance.

And I think I need a few more posts to get my sig up here.

20. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    That site was built using Network Solutions web builder so you can not customize it in any way.

What I would do is set up another site and just start over under a new domain name and leave that one up since it has been around for a while.

Those do it yourself web builders are mostly crap and if I build out another domain name site it would be DB driven and customized, maybe more of a portal CMS system with a forum and all the bells and whistles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.