1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Happy Thanksgiving & Busiest Shopping Day of the Year on Friday!

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by 5starAffiliates, Nov 24, 2004.

I wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and tell you that I hope Friday, the day after, brings you lots and lots of Holiday Shoppers!

Also wanted to remind you about our Holiday Contest with $70,000 in Cash and Prizes… You guys can't even IMAGINE how badly we want to give a BUNCH of these prizes to members of this forum!!!

Most of the different merchants contests have some element of *chance* involved in winning certain prizes. So even if you are brand new or just join today you still have a shot. We tried very hard to get merchants to NOT just reward top performers. Some of the prizes are for most improved, some are for best newbie and some are totally based on luck. Highest sale on *secret sale* day is something virtually anyone can win. But the more links you have up and the more sales you make the better your chances of "lucking out" on that secret day.

Link up and win! We want to give YOU a prize!

The busiest shopping day of the year is RIGHT around the corner and I hope tons of shoppers are buying online this year at YOUR sites!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

5starAffiliates, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  2. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    As much as I like making money off poor saps who need to consume more and more because they feel they "need" something I feel there is somewhat of a level of responsibility that needs to be taken by retail outlets and major corporations.

We (Amercia) have been over consuming for quite sometime now and I don't want to encourage more consumption of crap we don't need.

So there is this Buy Nothing Day where they propose people to buy nothing for one day. Of course it is on the busiest shopping day of the year, but there is nothing on sale friday that wont be on sale saturday as well. This year is Buy Nothing Day's 15th anniversary and it started in Canada. Those smart cold Canadians. :)

I know others are going to just write this off as another "off the wall" idea that crazy vegan guy on the internet tells us about, but at least read about Buy Nothing Day.

We (mables.com) will be in observance of Buy Nothing Day on November 26th by displaying our main page with just a graphic talking about Buy Nothing Day and what it is about and not linking to any product pages for purchase.

Overall it's one day and wont kill you to observe it, but I completely understand the need for more money. But if you can do without it we'd all benifit from others observing this holiday as we can maybe reduce the amount of crap that ends up in storage/landfills/money in bad corporations pockets.

Thanks.

Such Great Heights, Nov 24, 2004 IP