1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Handling account information in case of an accident

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Metzi, Feb 20, 2020.

Hi,

I work at a online marketing agency and we had the situation that a colleage had an accident and in the hospital for a few weeks. We could'nt access his WordPress accounts with important drafts.

This is in some point definitly bad organisation I get that. But we're looking for a simple and elegant solution to handle that kind of situation. Is there any possibility that admins can get exit to such accounts?

The thing is: for security reasons and GDPR reasons we are not allowed to safe passwords in Excel-Files or anything like that.

Any ideas or solutions?

Metzi, Feb 20, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm not in Europe so not up on the law there. I can understand not storing personal logins in an excel file but logins to websites where posting is "corporate" would be ok... or do you just ensure that you have more than one admin for each site - even if the additional admins are just backstops?

sarahk, Feb 20, 2020 IP
  3. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you have FTP access to the wordpress site, simply code a small script to fetch the information directly from wordpress database and use it.
    Won't take more than 10-15 lines of code.
    Or you can simply reset the password in the database itself... Its probably just a hashed value...
    Then you can access posts from wordpress admin panel using new password.

JEET, Feb 21, 2020 IP
  4. Danywenyheny

Danywenyheny Peon

Best Answers:
    Multiple admin accounts do the job...

Otherwise there is a paid solution for it if you believe it or not. Some german guy developed a Plugin for that called EmergencyWP with some other useful functions.

Danywenyheny, Feb 25, 2020 IP
  5. SolaDrive

SolaDrive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A plugin to do the job of accessing it sounds like a security risk for me. Just make sure to either document the logins or have a second Admin account setup for purposes like this.

SolaDrive, Mar 16, 2020 IP
  6. MrWatch

MrWatch Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer to change a external password in the database. Look for user in wp_users table, change password and set the 'encryption' on MD5.

MrWatch, May 9, 2020 IP