1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

hakker sending mail my website hosting

Discussion in 'Security' started by ganeshkgiri, Jul 1, 2011.

Hi friend
    one of Philippines people sending mail to other people using my website. i block his ip 112.207.176.2
    i did like this
    i sign in my control panel and open ip deny manage and there i find out to add ip and i added this ip( 112.207.176.2) click blok but still he is sending mail to other people using my website. i cant block it so please suggest what to do in this situation

thank you

ganeshkgiri, Jul 1, 2011 IP
  2. sunl

sunl Peon

Best Answers:
    Check Your Script and See if there any file related with email or Any suspicious file. Few month ago my site was hacked and hacker try to send mails related to Paypal. But he failed to send any mail. The script he was using not worked for him.

Now what you can do? Remove Immediately current script and upload backup files. Change all password. See if there is any loophole in script you are using.

Before upload your backup check if it has no suspicious script or code or file already.

sunl, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  3. MartinPrestovic

MartinPrestovic Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you know that he is using your web site to send the emails and isn't just faking the headers so that the responses come back to you?

MartinPrestovic, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  4. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    iptables would be my choice to block unfriendly ppl

but you may have to specify:

- does he send mail TO your server
    - or use your server are RELAY
    - or send mail FROM your server ??
    http://www.abuse.net/relay.html

I love the Philippine ppl but like most countries there always are a few foul eggs
    the IP you have belongs to pldt.net - the Philippines largest landline ISP - many have dedicated IP, few have dynamic IP - some may be from Internet cafes

hans, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  5. Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are online services that allow to stop spam reported IP addressed and usernames.

Akamai is one, google around and use an automated service or you won't be able to manage all this load by yourself.

Nuno Brito, Aug 21, 2011 IP