1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hacking WP Robot and custom fields

Discussion in 'PHP' started by 100wordrants, Mar 20, 2013.

I am currently working on a project which involves being a resource for many news articles and topics. I am going to be using WP Robot to pull in RSS feeds to gather the information. Rather than posting the content on my site, I am only going to be posting the title of the news article and the exerpt (if the RSS feed has it). I then have a custom post redirect plugin installed which will make it so when a user clicks on a post title, it will redirect them to the source article.

WP Robot does not currently offer this feature. I have tried a few things but am not an expert in plugin hacking so am looking for experts who may be able to help or share some insight.

The redirect plugin I am using is http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/redirect-by-custom-field/

My blog is only on my localhost now so I do not have a direct link to it. AOL.com does this sort of thing all the time with headlines linking to the Huffington post.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

100wordrants, Mar 20, 2013 IP